Chip or a flash tuner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2003, 19:51   #1 (permalink)

Chip or a flash tuner

If I use a flash tuner does that take the place of needing a Chip or do I need both?
akaeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2003, 22:04   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Chip or a flash tuner

Question is if you want to retain your warranty or not.

If you get a chip it is going to have to be piggy backed to the one you have in there now. Ford will void the warranty on the car if they find you have a chip in there.

Of course when you do mods and make the changes with a tuner you can put the car back to regular parameters and remove the mods if there is need to have warranty work.

One draw back to a tuner is you can make a limited amount of changes but not a lot. Some changes are just not recommended for a novice tuner.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 16:50   #3 (permalink)

Thats what worries me about a tuner is going to far with
something but as you said you can put it back well next is exhaust anyway
Old 11-28-2003, 09:23   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Chip or a flash tuner

I am back to answer my own question the Diablo prediter is well worth it.Easy to use and Diablo's built in tune for mild moded cars is nice the car idles and runs better than the factory setting and all I had to do is plug it in and in no less than 3 minutes it was done. Plus I have pulleys kit coming and all I have to do is plug it in and let it do its thing on that perticalor pulley size. I love my cobra!
Old 11-28-2003, 13:15   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

What pully are you going with? I am debating on the KB install still. I have that here and I have a 2.97 pully as well. Not sure if I want to sink the kb on this one or buy another and make that the monster.

That Diablo is a good piece. I have been waiting to play with that one. Can you change out the injector size with it? I have some 55# injectors that I want to slap on with either the KB or the pully.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 18:39   #6 (permalink)

I just got my 2.80 interchangable nonslip kit from South
Florida Pulley Headquarters waiting for the pulley puller tool to come in. I might wait I have that preset inspection date they or at least the dealer I got my car from doeswere they set a date to bring your car in for a free new car checkup. All though I allready have the main cats off and a X pipe exhaust and a cold air intake. It will be interesting what they say. The dealer happins to supply my family bussness vans wich we have over 100 of and I know the owner of the dealership so I have a little edge of support. But anyway I am going with 2.80 pulley if I am going to do all that work might as well use the one thats going to give me the bigest bang for the buck. Why go for only 2 to 3 more psi when you can go ahead and get 6 to 8 psi if I understood that right. please correct me if I have it backward.Man I know people don't want loud exhaust so they go to only cat backs but I'm here to tell you when those cats were off the performance was like night and day thats how much power I gained and they aren't that loud and they quit right down in 6st gear. My state dosen't have smog inspection so I can get away with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech