Ford Forums banner

clarion-help

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ViGiLaNtE 
#1 ·
Hi all
what is a good clarion cd headunit? Are clarion good?I don't want to spend too much, so something around the middle of the range.Also I can get the tv unit for $600 new, can this have a cd stacker plugged into it?
If not, no probs, i will settle for just a single cd. Any help on model numbers would be appreciated.

#2 ·
This site should be able to help you with some of those queries. Clarion is a well respected brand - not high end, but I expect it'd be decent for the money. My father's KB Laser has a Clarion radio, still going find after 17 years of pretty much daily use.

http://www.clarion.com.au/Car/index.html

#3 ·
i'm running a clarion head unit, single CD, remote controll its AWESOME i love it, it has front and rear pre outs, as well as sub out, and yes it also has a pulg in so that u can plug ur TV in its model number is DXZ615 cos me 650 u should b able to get one cheaper as it is last yrs model!!

#4 ·
What model is the TV unit ??
Just curious as I have a Clarion TV unit, which I bought about 2 years ago for around $800.

As for plugging them in to the Clarion CD Stackers, U will find that Clarion has 2 Bus systems. The Newer one allows any Clarion Device to control Other Clarion Devices, where as the Older one, (Same one that I have), only allow the older CD Stackers to be connected.

Sorry for the vague information, its been a while since Ive looked in to the Clarion Gear.

But yeah, as for opinions, the stuff rocks !
I much prefer my Clarion TV in terms of quality etc, compared to my sony Gear

Hope this sorta helps

Cheers
Matti

#6 ·
I have last years clarion top of the line deck and cannot complain.
I have always found that clarion are a lot more user friendly with easy to adjust custom sound controls (ESPICALLY COMPARED TO PIONEER) they also have that one button feature to go straight back to the start of the cd. It doesnt sound like much but it is extremely handy!
Also i find the clarion remote control alltho fat, is better lay out compaired to other brands. Clarion also have a factory 2 year warrenty compaired with 1 year with other brands and provide all of there distributers with speed post packs, so if your deck does need any work done, it gets to japan in 2 days and back in 2 days, unlike some other dealers were your deck can spend weeks away from you getting repaired.
I would highly reconnmend clarion or a alpine head unit.
These two brands use the best quality laser on the market for reading your cds, and this is really all it comes down 2 in the end.
Hope this is of some help.:s6:

#7 ·
Hey Guys,

i own a Clarion DB225 only a base model but has the 50x4 output.
I have been more than pleased with the quality of the sound, much better than other brand units i have heard. and amount of clear bass that is outputed.
It is soo easy to use with simple bass, treble, balance and fader controls. It also has 3 equalizer settings to fiddle with (Z - Enhancer).

i have installed Clarion 6x9's SRR6934's on my back parcel shelf, they sound awesome and give out great bass... sometimes making me wonder whether i need a sub!.

- Ace

#10 ·
The clarion TV is prolly the TVX6651, motorised screen with NTSC/PAL option. The best deck at the moment clarion has out is the DXZ935. Brand new costing around 1g. Detach face, Sirus ready (satellite radio which we dont have yet) Dual pre-outs plus subcontrol. It has everything, plus DVD control as with its previous model DZX925. We got alot of Clarion at the store, sold our last screen last week, but got a number of headunits from the DB235 up to the DXZ925. Autobarn that was...ehheeh...I should be a salesperson.

ViGiLaNtE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.