Cleaning up the engine bay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2002, 13:46   #1 (permalink)
Well Paid, Trained Monkey

Cleaning up the engine bay

I've been spending the last couple of months replacing the missing or broken parts in my CFI EA SPak engine bay, and now I'm looking to renew some of the parts that could certainly be in a better state.

First off, the (metal?) hose that runs from under the CFI Airbox to the pipe on the driver's side rear of the engine is in a really bad state (dented, bent, corroding) and keeps either falling off the engine or the air box - what could I replace this with?

Secondly, I noticed in one of the pictures from the last Melbourne meet that someone had some nice looking gold connectors for their battery terminals - where could I get these? The battery that came with my car (which has since been replaced) has a lot of acid crudded up on the terminals and the existing wires aren't in the best state.

Thanks,

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2002, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
-

hey

you can get the gold terminals from any car audio place. Jaycar springs to mind in being reasonably priced, because i think gold plated ones are pretty expensive...

as for the hose at the back of the engine bay, that is used for a warm air intake when the engine is cold. warm air is ducted from the top of the exhaust manifold into the engine. ive taken the hose away and havent noticed a problem - the MPEFI engine doesnt have one at all.

cheers

Jase
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 15:22   #3 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I've taken the hose off aswell, it wont make the engine run anyworse, if anything it will make it run better

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 18:44   #4 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Isnt that hose that comes from the aircleaner on a cfi engine provide hot air for the cars heating system.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 18:49   #5 (permalink)
Monty

Cleaning up engine bay

What ever you do, do NOT buy a new pipe from Ford. I did and it cost me $56. I put it on and it looked better. I then discovered that the vent that lets the hot air in was jamed on cold. Waste of money. Doesn't seem to make a difference anyway.
Old 05-11-2002, 19:35   #6 (permalink)

Re: Cleaning up engine bay

nah if you mean the heating system for inside the car then thats done by the coolant. the big one going to the air cleaner is just to provide hot air for the engine when its cold.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: Cleaning up engine bay

All it does is help the engine reach normal operating temp alot faster. Sorta like a thermostat...

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech