Ford Forums banner

Clear Indicators for ED

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  EDFUTURA 
#1 ·
I know this has been done before and I did a search but to be blunt did not find the info I'm after.

In short - to fit clear indicators to my ED, what exactly do I ask for at the spare parts counter of my local dealer - ie. what model do I say they're off - part number would be ideal.

#5 ·
Mate, if you're after the front ones you'll have to change your wiring for the front indicators and parkers to an XR setup.
The clear indicators of the XR have two bulbs fitted inside, a clear one for the parking light, and an orange one for the indicator..
Don't know much about changing the harness, I never had to change any bulbs on either of my XR's while I owned them....

Ed :)

#6 ·
XR8ED said:
Mate, if you're after the front ones you'll have to change your wiring for the front indicators and parkers to an XR setup.
The clear indicators of the XR have two bulbs fitted inside, a clear one for the parking light, and an orange one for the indicator..
Don't know much about changing the harness, I never had to change any bulbs on either of my XR's while I owned them....

The aftermarket clear front indicators dont have the parker light setup in them.

With the genuine ones(which are atleast double the price) you can still run just the indicator on its own, which im pretty sure have the same connection as the standard orange ones??.

Oh and ED FUTURA ignore my post above if your talking about the clear front indicators, not the side ones.:hy:

#7 ·
Some good points there Martin.
I didn't know you could get aftermarket indicators for them...
My comments about the bulbs would only apply if he was going to
install a full XR front. He could still use the original parkers in the
headlights if they were the normal Falcon ones...

By the way, how did you find out the statistics regarding your XR6 being one of 329 manuals???
I had an XR8 manual, same colour as yours..

#8 ·
XR8ED said:
Some good points there Martin.
I didn't know you could get aftermarket indicators for them...
My comments about the bulbs would only apply if he was going to
install a full XR front. He could still use the original parkers in the
headlights if they were the normal Falcon ones...

By the way, how did you find out the statistics regarding your XR6 being one of 329 manuals???
I had an XR8 manual, same colour as yours..

I rang the Ford customer service number and asked about details of my car. She gave me the date it was completed (23/12/93 - last ED XR for 1993??) date it was sold/registered (May 94) , all the optional extras, build number and any unfixed recalls.

All you need is the VIN, and they will give complete details of any Ford (except for the build number which is only for Tickford vehicles)

#10 ·
I put genuine clear Ford front indicators on my ED, which cost me $184:crazy1: (there's not much choice up here).
I asked for the ones of the EB GT and the guy said they were off the ED XR's aswell. It made my car look much better looking from the front (don't like the look of the orange ones anymore when I see other falcons). They came with orange globes for the indicators and park lights aswell (I didn't hook the parkers up, no need). You have to take the whole front lighting assembly out (driving light and indicator) before you can change the indicators. Hope this was of some help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.