Ford Forums banner

Clear side indicators

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AcIlLaTeM 
#1 ·
Hey,

I know that in a '97 Ford Fairlane, they have clear side indicators, but i wanted to change my orange ones on my '96 Falcon XR6 over to the clear ones like this.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what's involved in removing the orange indicator covers and whether they have an orange bulb, or i'd need to buy one of these too from Ford?

Matt

#2 ·
Unfortunately, your going to require 2plastic parts to be painted.
The plastic surround that holds the clear side indicators are different.
The part Numbers for these are
NF16B068A for the Right Hand Side
NF16B069A for the Left Hand Side
These are $25.24 Each from Ford.

You will also need the Clear Lenses
Part Number NF13K309A - $24.66ea

The clear lense has an orange sphere inside the lense, so you can use the standard Indicator Bulb, and Plug.

The only other problem that I see with an XR is that the plastic molding is big, and wouldnt quite match then thin Door Protector Plastic used on the XR Doors. (I.E. you may want to replace these with the thicker Fairmont Door protectors, or remove the protectors all together).

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matti

#3 ·
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, the clear lenses do not fit the standard plastic bit that holds the Orange lenses in place.
(Same with Gli, Futura, XR's, Fairmonts).

THe only lucky people are EL Fairmont owners, where they already have the NF Fairlane Plastic bits, but Orange Fairlane style lenses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.