Ford Forums banner

Clear side indicators?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  turbo_futura 
#1 ·
Hey,
I own an AU1 XR6 and would like to know where i can get some clear indicator lenses for the side indicators. To my knowledge know AU's have them, they are all orange.

cheers.

#6 ·
they do look great on an AU2 XR but do remember the bulb under there isnt colored so if you go for the clear indicators you need to spend that extra $3 on orange bulbs!!!

#7 ·
You do not have to get the orange bulbs,
as the lense has an orange section in it.

G
#8 ·
BLU: I had clear indicators on my XR6 ute. cause the ute uses EL Fairmont shaped lenses. But on the XR range they are triangle shaped and need the red backing(part of the stripe) to hold them in, as the hole in the gaurd is too large for the blinker without the backing.

G
#11 ·
Clear Indicators

In the AU 1s there were clear side indicators that were standard on Fairmont and Ghia models. These ones had an orange section in them and did not require an orange bulb. However the AU3 clear indicator lenses have the orange bulb and just a clear lense. The AU1 ones are still available but the AU3 ones are much nicer!

#12 ·
anyone know where i can get them for eb ll spack in sydney ??

#13 ·
THEONE said:
anyone know where i can get them for eb ll spack in sydney ??
AU3 ones can be fitted to EB, some modification is required though - Martin has done it to his ED and posted a thread about it some time ago with diagrams and pics. Sorry I'm too lazy to look it up. PM or e-mail him and I'm sure he would be happy to provide details.

I think also that SSS Auto do a reproduction clear side indicator lens for EA-ED. Contact details below.

SSS AUTO PARTS (SYDNEY) PTY LTD
122 Lisbon St Fairfield 2165 (02) 9723 0888
Fax (02) 9723 0555
Internet syd@sssauto.com.au

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.