Climate Control - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
1996 Manual EFII GLi

Question Climate Control

Has anyone here ever put a EL Fairmont Climate Control into a bulk standard EL GLi. I wouldn't of thought that there would be much difference. Has anyone attempted it?
LittleJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2002, 20:37   #2 (permalink)

Read hmmm....

I cannot say I know too much about the differences of EL Climate Control System and the Standard one.

However, I have an EB Fairmont with Climate Control and the main differences I've found between that and a non Climate system are the following;

- the tempreture sensor on the dash
- more actuators (attached to the heaterbox) for the elctronic actuation of recirc, changing vent's etc
- More Vacum tubes
- Fan Speed Controller, my fan has about 10 settings (standard falcon's only have 4?)
- Wiring looms
- Obviously the actual Climate Control Box (the thing in the dash)

Having removed mine to replace the evaporator, I would say it would be a difficult task. But I'm no expert.

Cheers,

Jas.
EBFairmontS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:41   #3 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Havn't attempted it, but I can see it being a big job. The dash will have to be completely removed and i'm prety sure you will have to replace the heater box as the CC job has a motor operated blend door, this means evacuating gas from the A/C then a regass. IIRC there is a sesnor under the front radiator support you will need, not to mention the Fairmont has a higher spec wiring loom to cater for the CC etc.

If you good mechanically, then yep go for it, for me its something I probably wouldn't attempt even though I know I could do it!

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 02:30   #4 (permalink)
EB wagon

Hey dude... Ive done the conversion on an EB.. Not sure of the differences between the EB and EF. Id say they operate the same. If you want to do it properly like the ford setup then u will need to remove the dash.. I didnt remove the dash on my car coz i figured a way too actuate the heater flap using the manual leaver on the GL heater box and a Blend motor from an EA ghia.
Basically mounted the motor under the heaterbox and connected the motor leaver to the heater box leaver using a thin wire rod.
HAd to cut a bigger hole for the fan speed controller in the heater case. Vacuum lines plugged straight into the heaterbox from the electric solenoids. Needed to add a few sensors and rewire the ACC loom so everything would work. Didnt bother with the engine temp sensor and solar sensor - ramifications of this are that the dimist function doesnt work properly but the ACC seems to maintain comfort level very well.

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 03:34   #5 (permalink)
1996 Manual EFII GLi

Thanks for your replys, i dont think that i will try this one but i just bought my new car. An 96 EF Classic. It is in smick condition so i am happy enough with standard aircon.
LittleJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech