CLock feature in AU? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 22:54   #1 (permalink)

CLock feature in AU?

I've got an AU1 forte and want to put the clock in the console where its got a pull out bit that says 'Falcon'. Do i just goto a ford and say this is what i want? do i need to run more wiring for it? part no.? cost? help..........
am_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2003, 23:07   #2 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

mate i just had a look at my futura....

have you pulled out the panel that has falcon on it?
the hole for the lcd should be there and a hole for the hour minute buttons because on mine the whole clock section is part of the whole pod face thing, not like an extra piece...
if they arent there you may be looking at having to get a whole new pod face thing....?
i would imagine that the wiring would already be there....
so it would just be a plug straight in sorta job
the ford parts guys should be easily able to help you out with what you need

my first step would be to pop out the panel where the clock goes and have a look whats there (if you havent already)

let me know how you go
good luck
Old 02-15-2003, 01:05   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

I had a clock put in my AU 1 forte and it is a plug in.

But hows this, three times I asked one of the service book in guys if I can get the clock put in. And three times the same guy said that you couldn't put one in. But one day I noticed on the ford website that you could purchase one so I went in to the parts sales section of the dealership and asked the guy and said you could put it in. So I booked my car in to get it done and guess he looked after me when I took it in. The same guy who told me that you cant get one. Some of those service guys just don't care.

But anyway just go into the parts sales, tell them what you want and book the car in. I can't remember exactly how much it costs but I think it was between $70 to $100 but it was worth it as it looks good and it put in a good spot. I had to get it because of the fairmont style CD player I have which doesn't have a clock.

I hope this answers your question.
lukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:33   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Lukez - great first post. Very informative. Just don't let it go downhill from here! (Read a few of the bigger threads and you'll see what i mean).

Enjoy!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 14:59   #5 (permalink)

I've got holes for the lcd panel and buttons, however want to just purchase the clock and put it in myself not have them do and save me some money. Can i just ask for the clock from an AU1 from the service guys?
am_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

I asked for the clock at the spare parts counter and he brought it out to me, pulled it from its box and showed me. The guy pointed to the plug and told me that it was a simple plug in. The reason I let ford do it was because of how hard it would be to remoove the facia. Just read some of the other posts and you will see what I mean. I least if they wreck something they will have to fix it. One slip up and you could be up for the bill of a new facia.

On another note. Its funny how whatever car you buy it is a bitch to get behing all the panels. Undoing screws and pieces simply sliding out would be much easier. Its like they want to save money at the factory where they can just pop things into place. What are other people's thoughts on this?
lukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 22:43   #7 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

think you answered your own question in the same post mate!

they make it difficult so people bring it in to them to get stuff done rather than try it themselves....

theyre not as dim as they sim...

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech