complete respray?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2002, 21:45   #1 (permalink)
jaymz

complete respray??

hey guys, basically i was just wondering how much a complete respray would be for the ea? has anyone had theres done? would it be easier to prime it myself (meaning just sanding the old colour back) and hand it to the paint dudes that way. tell you the truth, i couldn't be ****ed doing that, so how much all up???

Also the cfi to a mpefi???? how much does that cost????

well while i am here....i am probobly annoying you by now... how much (and also HOW) does tinting your brake lights cost? and can you even do it. and would you even bother???

ok ok ok...one more thing (SORRY!!!!) 88 ea, thin side stripe thingies compared to the ea2?? if you have the 88, can you put the ea2 model stripes on it, if you didn't like the thin ones??

anyways, thanks for your help!!

hehehe

Jaymz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2002, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

1. A respray is something you can spend as much as you want on. Any rust removal adds to the cost. I've heard of ones for only $700 or something but last time this topic was raised, people said $2000 was cheap?

CFI to MPI - cost again varies depending on the use of new components and so on. I am likely to be making a section of the site that will hopefully go into this issue in more detail.

Tinting brake lights could be as easy as using a $10 tinting spray, but there are safety issues as well as legal ones. I have heard of clear rear indicators here before but never seen them. If they exist, that would be the way I'd go.

The lower model EAs with the thin side protection mouldings - if you look closely - actually have exactly the same large door cut-outs. Therefore it would be pretty easy to change over to the thicker kind.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 16:53   #3 (permalink)
jaymz

ta!!

good onya mate thanks alot for that. it's great when yous help out!! i am can't wait to get my hands on an ea!!! wooooo!!!!!

oh and the colour i was going to get resprayed was "midnight purple" hehe, it is a really cool colour, either that or metallic blue or something!
Old 04-13-2002, 18:09   #4 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

respray

mate i had my ea resprayed inside and out.....it was a 'cashie' and i only paid $1200. If i had my choice again, I'd never do this. It is a shit job even though it looks alright, look a bit closer and there are lots of imperfections. For a full respray from a good panel shop you'll be paying at least $3k I reckon.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:39   #5 (permalink)
EAII^Spack

Make sure the ppls who respray ya car dont do a bodgey job like musking tape. and if they fix the rust they weld in new metel, some of these wankers just put bog then 3 months later it cracks up. i seen a panel shop near batman station in Coburg(victoria) i think they do full reprays only, no minor damage repairs. they take the whole car to bits only the shell. thats the way to go
Old 06-07-2002, 01:42   #6 (permalink)
ex ea driver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EAII^Spack
[B]Make sure the ppls who respray ya car dont do a bodgey job like musking tape.
what is the musking tape comment about?? i dun understand???

a decent job should got nethign from 2k up to 15k depends on what u want.
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:18   #7 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Quote:
Originally posted by CATman
a decent job should got nethign from 2k up to 15k depends on what u want. [/B]
They are the key words.. It all depends on what you want.

I suggest you figure out what you want, by this I mean pearls, metrallic, shine quality and how fussy you want to be with rippels etc.

There is a HUGE difference in price to doing a quick job, or being real fussy.

When I did my car, I spent 3 months on it. I then sprayed my parents commo and I had it done in a week.
Also, the paint on the commo cost less then half of what mine did.

Just my 2c on the issue.
Old 06-08-2002, 02:21   #8 (permalink)
EB wagon

Id have to agree with $3K - Ive had one side of my car resprayed coz someone side-swiped my side door and i wanted the whole side resprayed, cost me $900, did an excellent job too... when ive got some spare moola i'll get the drivers side done too :)
I still cant believe i had too fork out over $2K for a MPI conversion! Thankfully im getting a T5 for under $200!! Lets just hope i dont get ripped on the installation!

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

Talk to the right person, bargain them, and say you'll pay cash, and you will def hit under $2k .. :)
Old 06-12-2002, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
ex ea driver

i work in the "industry" and u'll find with a cheaper job, they will jsut prime ur car up and just nock the top of the primer wif the orbital sander and then paint, then u get the people who will block a car, prime it again, block again, prime block, and then paint, this car will be most likly PERFECT, and that what i woudl want done, i know at my work, cheaper jobs r done quick and the other ones r done better, so u get what you pay for, and some times u will kick ur self for "bargening" withi the owener for a matter of say 500 when it woudl ahve been MUCH better if u paid more
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech