cost??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 02:06   #1 (permalink)
Full of useless info!

cost???

I just have a quick question, Hope someone can help me out a bit.

Long story short had a crapper of a day, made worse when the XF came back from the mechanic.....the bill shocked me a bit and just want to know if ive been ripped or not, known this guy all my life..... what was done was a new clutch (super heavy duty), rear brake pads and in true XF style two new door handles......

any ball park figures on how much this should cost and how long it should have taken to do the work??!! the cost was just over $800.... does that sound right or has my bad day made this seem bad when really its not??

a bill like that on the XF is all i needed a week from chrissy!!! thanks for any help
Formerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2003, 02:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: cost???

how much was the clutch?
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:38   #3 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Well my clutch cost me 280 in my XF that was heavy duty and I bought the clutch at cost price.
My girlfriend just had her rear brakes done for 230, dont know if that helps but it gives you a ballpark figure.

Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:47   #4 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

rear brakes, about 100, handles about 50.. i dunno about the clutch, but i done them myself...
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:39   #5 (permalink)

sounds about right to me. give or take a few dollars depending on the mechanic. I had a heavy duty PBR clutch put in mine it took them about 3-4 hours to do and it cost me around the 4-500 dollar mark. That machining the fly wheel as well. The breaks are a couple of hundred as well so it sounds around the general mark.
tombstone42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 13:14   #6 (permalink)
Full of useless info!

yeah this morning its not seeming that bad. The clutch was 325, realising that last night would be helpful!!The last clutch that got thrown in it cost me under 200, and this guy was a rip off so dont use him now (older and wiser, maybe not wiser though) but it felt like crap from day one. This one feels so much stronger, need to learn to drive manual again!!!!
Formerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 23:09   #7 (permalink)
another XF driver

it sounds ok if you ask me. i spent nearly that much all because of my damn clutch a couple of years ago on my last XF. partially cause of my stupidity though. the clutch cable stretched, so i was slamming my foot to the floor just to be able to get it in gear. because of this i bent the pedal box and wore out the clutch completely. i needed a new cable, clutch and the pedal box had to be removed and welded, and reinforced!

i recently had my new XF converted to manual for only $600 however, including all those parts and everything else that was needed. go figure!

Currently missing a set of splits and my gear knob as some bastard stole them! Damn thieves!

See My Car Here
CHONXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech