A Couple of questions (newbie) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2002, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
As Sober as Steve Bracks

Question A Couple of questions (newbie)

First of all, great site to all those responsible :-)

I just bought myself an EA II Fairmont Ghia, and Im looking at sprucing her up a bit. I am going to get her serviced next week, and I have a few niggly little things that I hope someone can help me with.

Firstly Im pretty sure the accellerator cable is about to go. I have to put the pedal right through the floor to get any proper movement. Is this a problem with the cable or is it something more sinister?

Secondly, my elec windows are playing up. The bastards come down fine, but they are soo ooooo very slow to come up again. Is this a problem with the motors for the doors? If so, how much is it to replace these motors?

Finally, I am also looking at getting a set of extractors, and maybe getting one of the mufflers removed for a louder note... How much will a set of extractors/cat/removal of a muffler cost me? Its the 3.9L MPI motor..

Thanks in advance
XplodBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2002, 20:28   #2 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

In answer to one of your questions.
The power windows just need lubricating it happened to my El the grease they put in wears away after a while
Oh and Welcome to the forums THE best place for your average ford freak.
Old 09-29-2002, 20:32   #3 (permalink)
As Sober as Steve Bracks

the motor needs lubricating?? Because we used silicone grease in the tracks which did nothing....
XplodBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 23:39   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: A Couple of questions (newbie)

Ahhh this brings back memories. I paid $80 for parts and $30 for labour to replace my driver's window motor/regulator which was extremely sluggish. That was for reconditioned parts from a wrecker - brand new would cost a fair bit more.

And my car also had a worn throttle cable. You'll be amazed by the difference after it's replaced.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech