Creaking Noise? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 23:48   #1 (permalink)

Creaking Noise?

Hey all,
my disk were warped so i went to a brake place to them them machined. Put on new pads as well, but after a while of drving around the left front wheel now is making like a creaking noise everytime im slowing down, below bout 50? The creaking gets longer the slower i go. I dunno what it is. Anyone have ideas? Also when i turn the steering wheel lock to lock, it makes like a thump noise as well. But i think it already was doing this, then it stopped for a while.

thanks
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2002, 01:08   #2 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

The turning thing could be your CV joints or your boots. Best to take it somewhere if you can afford the time and $$$. I had my discs machined a little while back and I found that they still squeaked a bit even with new pads. They *seem* ok now, so they might have just needed some time to wear in or something - *shrugs shoulders*.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-04-2002, 01:18   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dcstraight
The turning thing could be your CV joints or your boots. Best to take it somewhere if you can afford the time and $$$. I had my discs machined a little while back and I found that they still squeaked a bit even with new pads. They *seem* ok now, so they might have just needed some time to wear in or something - *shrugs shoulders*.

Cheers,
Steve
just say im travelling like at 80, slow down when i hit around 40-50 i can hear a creaking noise, the interval between the noises gets larger the slower you go. Its weird. Dunno what it is. Im going to take it back to the brake joint tomorrow. Just wanna know whats wrong with the damn thing.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:19   #4 (permalink)

just wanna give the brakes time incase its just becuase their new pads.
Old 06-04-2002, 21:33   #5 (permalink)

anyone? i find it a bit strange that it would be my CV joints, Cause driving home from the brake place, it started to make hte noise.
Old 06-04-2002, 22:47   #6 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

Hmmm, strange - I mean a squeaking noise would make more sense, but a creaking sound - that's got me stumped ! I can imagine the noise you're talking about, but can't be more specific - sorry! I guess you can only take it back to the brake place. Let me know how you go, as I'm curious to what noise it is !

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-04-2002, 23:00   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dcstraight
Hmmm, strange - I mean a squeaking noise would make more sense, but a creaking sound - that's got me stumped ! I can imagine the noise you're talking about, but can't be more specific - sorry! I guess you can only take it back to the brake place. Let me know how you go, as I'm curious to what noise it is !

Cheers,
Steve
i cant really describe it, its not a squeaking noise, that for sure. Kind of like snapping a stick in half? Not that close but similar! I dont know what it is. i dunno really hard to explain:)
Old 06-04-2002, 23:20   #8 (permalink)
gone

Deff not the type of sound you should expect after new pads and machined rotors!

For the 1st 30 or so stops i would have expected some noises as they bed in but after that they should have been sweet!

Take it back asap and get them to take it for a drive!

Turn the corners and thmping sounds., would be something with cv joints, however they may not have fitted rotors on tightly enough
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:51   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Deff not the type of sound you should expect after new pads and machined rotors!

For the 1st 30 or so stops i would have expected some noises as they bed in but after that they should have been sweet!

Take it back asap and get them to take it for a drive!

Turn the corners and thmping sounds., would be something with cv joints, however they may not have fitted rotors on tightly enough
its not the CV joints then, cause it makes no noises while turning corners:) I took the wheel off today, and there seems to be grease all over it. I dunno! Taking it back soon. If it was the CV joints how much?

thanks
Old 06-05-2002, 15:56   #10 (permalink)
gone

Just a thought., with the disc or brakes., are you able to get any movement in them., ie shake em uo/down left/right?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech