Custom drive-belts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2004, 16:23   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Custom drive-belts

As this is gonna be of importance to all my future plans, just wondering if you can get a custom belt of any type (eg. v (or a or whatever) or serpentine etc) and of any length? Same thing pretty much goes for the harmonic balancer.. can I get a custom one made.. if so, where?
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2004, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
-

Re: Custom drive-belts

i have no idea!

but hmm.. what future plans do you have in mind?
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 22:13   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Those Toyota SC14 superchargers look damn tasty.. 2 of them, with individual start/stop switches in the cabin (they'r electronic-clutch operated, but shouldn't be switched on at speeds > 2500rpm)..

A few people have reported boost of 6-8psi @ 6500rpm on a 4.3 litre V8 engine, from having two of these running.

So once I convert to a bigger, tougher gearbox (not the soon-to-be-carried-out T5 conversion, maybe a supra box), I shall source 2 of these, remove A/C compressor, fit one where it was, one above, use the A/C idler pulley and a custom belt (hopefully identical size to the AC one, but stronger) to drive both superchargers... should go off like a frog in a sock, and for about.. $700 for the S/Cs + $500 for an intercooler, maybe less cause I don't really need a MASSIVE one... couple hundred $$ for piping.. I'll just run them on LPG with an OMVL unit (should easily flow enough fuel)... can't wait
Old 05-07-2004, 00:00   #4 (permalink)
-

keep the auto... :D
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech