Ford Forums banner

DOH!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Troutman 
G
#1 ·
EA90 and myself just came back from the Dandenong drags, and an eventful night it was! saw two people drag (RUNNING), and then saw two cars drag (LAAAAME), and then got a new pet! :) Yes, That's right, I have a new pet! To love, cherish etc etc. A nice bright yellow canary... Now everyone say 'awwwwwwww aint dat cute'...
members.optushome.com.au/...bigdoh.jpg
The writing is really hard to read because I dont even get the original copy. The ****stable said my car is A, too low, and B needs a new right rear tire (Must have been baggin it up too much *cough bullshit cough*)

So, there we have it... An EA finaly gets picked on to the point of canary... :(

G
#3 ·
Not sure how much it was lowered, but it has full SVO suspension, and at the lowest point has a clearance of 105-110mm. As it figures, last night when I got booked for being too low, my left side was in the gutter, lowering my car that 5-10mm to make it illegally low. :( Now I just have to scrape some money together for new rear tires :(

#5 ·
i thought the rule was the car has to be tested on a level flat surface. if it was in the gutter then it shouldnt count.
heres what vic roads says: The Ground Clearance of a vehicle measured from a horizontal road surface

a gutter isnt a horizontal surface is it ?

G
#6 ·
No it isn't, but you know what the cops are like at the drags, they don't give a shit! Canary's flyin around here there and everywhere. I asked the guy a couple of simple questions, like 'I bought it at this height, can I take it back to them to have it fixed for free?' and the dumb f*ck just started telling me not to argue. I measured it with a 100mm piece of wood this morning on a level surface, and my clearance was about 105-110, so it's perfectly legal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.