Door Lock Cylinder - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2001, 06:40   #1 (permalink)
STU

Door Lock Cylinder

Hi everyone

I had the unfortunate experience of someone breaking into the XR EL the other week and hence have damaged the lock on the door. I think it is only the lock cylinder as the car will still lock with the remote.
Has anyone ever replaced the lock cylinder?. Any tips, suggestions re replacement???
Are there better locks available??
Cheers
Stu
STU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2001, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
ianTE50

Stu,
I had the same thing happen to me when I had the AUXR I got a panelbeater to remove the lock totally & cover the hole & repaint, Whole thing cost about $200.00, I could not believe that all they did was hit the lock with a pin punch & the doors just open??The only problem is that if the battery in the remote goes flat you are F?@#$d. But its worth the risk.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:38   #3 (permalink)
STU

Ian TE50

Thanks for the info. Will probably get the lock fixed this time($140), but if it happens again will try your option.
Cheers
STU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 14:36   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

hi guys
the best way around this problem is to fit a rear door handle on to the front dooor that way you cover the lock hole up but if your remote ever stops working you are stuffed cause you cant get into the car
but it stop the barstards breaking into your car
johnmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Just replace the battery in the remote, it doesn't loose it's memory. But if the car battery...well if that's flat you won't get anywhere anyway..heh

Or you could go through the boot?
AlbertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 23:06   #6 (permalink)
wasa

NOPE ITS NOT OVER YET (and theres no keyhole in the boot either )
Just finished fitting this set up to a AU TS you can get around the flat battery deal
by putting a remote - and + wire some where on the car out of the way .
you can then put an external 12 volt on via leads (if the car batt fails ) and your back in bussiness .
only draw back!!!! dont attemp to put a remote supply onto the cars batt if the alarm is going (good bye alarm , ive done one already )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech