Driving On the Open Road Is Bad!
I have just come back from a road trip to Coolangatta (Gold Coast, QLD) and have acquired a lot of damage from the road, I had to make a list of things that went wrong, so I thought that perhaps everyone could say on here what things have happened to their cars on the open road.
My damage was:
1. Wiper stalk stopped working properly after 3hrs on the road
2. Had to replace all tyres after 3 of them were flat spotted after a hairy overtaking incident near Guyra in northern NSW.
3. Windscreen hit with two massive stone chips that needed to be fixed, this occured just outside Hay in south western NSW.
4. Stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet
5. Smashed driver side indicator and cracked drivers side head light and a broken drivers side wiper arm after driving into a flock of Galahs outside of West Wyalong in central NSW.
6. Smashed front grill from various different stones, birds and other objects hitting it on the way up and back.
Over all i dont think i will take a car on the open road that far now with out a car bra, or a bullbar, or unless my car is a 4x4 or a semi!!!