drop tank and elc arial - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2002, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

drop tank and elc arial

Anyone seen or heard of an alloy drop tank on an EA sedan ? i think it would look good on a customised EA Falcon, lowerd , alloy wheels etc ...

Also I have an EA gl and I want an eletronic arial , like a fairmont or fairlane fitted to my gl , how involved is this mod ? and what would i have to pay for such a kit ?
would the ford part fit ? the cars have such similiar runing gaer and mechanics so i quess it would ...any help wecome

go the fords !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2002, 16:58   #2 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

With the electric arial, DONT go for an aftermarket 3rd party piece of shit. I've seen and heard only bad things about them. Get the original ford one. They cost about $120 I think. The good thing about them is that if they break 99% of the time its the plastic runner that lifts the thing up and down and you can buy it separately for about $20.

Installation is easy. You gotta remove the plastic cover in the wheel arch in fron the your left wheel. Brackets should already be there. You also have to remove the plastic panel on the LHS of the passanger's footwell to reveal the computer and (hopefully) the plug for the antenna. Simple as that.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

elc arial install

cheers zomwit , ill give it a go and let you know the result .
and i will get a ford part .

Westkoast EA
Old 05-04-2002, 22:24   #4 (permalink)
Black NA

RE: Electric aerial

I'm impressed! The parts guy at Ford did'nt tell me you could buy just the plastic runner. Thats whats broken on mine. I was quoted something like $300 for a full replacement power aerial! About $20 you reckon...
I know what I'll be doing on Mon morning now! Sinclair Ford here I come!

A drop tank on an EA? Can't say I've ever seen one. I think the standard plastic ones gotta be safer & its big enough to fill!

Long live the EA!
Old 05-05-2002, 12:47   #5 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Re: RE: Electric aerial

Yeah, mine was broken too and I was about to buy a whole antenna but then my dad comes home one day with just the plastic runner, brand new, said he picked it up for $20. I'm not sure where he got it from though. I assume it was from Ford Spares but I'll ask him next time I see him.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 00:21   #6 (permalink)
Black NA

Re: Electric aerial

Thanx dude, I'm gonna call Ford Spares later this morning when I finish work. Hope I can get one. No way am I gonna pay for a full replacement!

Long live the EA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech