dunno what to do - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2002, 23:29   #1 (permalink)
ben

dunno what to do

the EA needs some door trims (the black thingys that go along the side of the door....are these called trims?), a wheel arch re-shape, some door seals, some diff/unijoint work for clunky transmission, and it needs some work to make the vibration over 110km/h go away (it doesnt feel totally smooth at that speed)

im wondering whether i should fix it up and have it for a while, or whether to trade it and just buy an AUII until that ****s up........or AUII being of the plastic/camry/avalon/magna series which i hate with a passion, maybe i should buy a new mercedes or BMW (if i had that sort of money.....the best id be able to pull off for a car like that is no less than $180/week repayments)

I dunno....should i fix up the EA and use it for a while and "put up with it" or should i buy a new car, or should i buy a decent car where stupid little expensive things dont go wrong in them.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2002, 23:41   #2 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

bringit

Ben, bring it on Sunday to the meet and let us decide then
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 23:55   #3 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

ben...

u like to dis ea's hey?.
Anyway if u don't like the plasticy look of tha AU but liek tha EA Shape, and don't want a car wat u basically call "crap" but in longer terms. Why not get an ED XR6 or sumpin. More refined, more powerful etc etc etc.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 08:51   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: ben...

ben, if you saw the parts prices of German cars you wouldn't want one. Especially over an EA... Jap cars are a good compromise, and if you need any help I should be able to assist.

But it's worth thinking about whether you are happy with the EA. The problems you mentioned didn't sound particularly expensive, and in addition to the expense of upgrading to a newer car, you'd probably have niggly problems which would be more costly to fix. But, of course, you'd have a much more modern car that you'd possibly enjoy owning more.

So take your time and give it some thought.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech