Dyno results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-02, 10:39 PM
XR805
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb Dyno results

Got my EL XR8 Series 1 (170kw) dyno tuned. Had pacemaker extractors with twin 2 1/4 exhaust system and chip. Its auto and registered 120kw at rear wheels. Was shocked i had to replace the air flow metre aswell as it was f@$%ing up. Herrod reckons its very common there all shitting themselves. Another way ford decided to make some money!!

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-02, 05:48 PM
XR9UTE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Dyno results

Quote:
Originally posted by XR805
Got my EL XR8 Series 1 (170kw) dyno tuned. Had pacemaker extractors with twin 2 1/4 exhaust system and chip. Its auto and registered 120kw at rear wheels. Was shocked i had to replace the air flow metre aswell as it was f@$%ing up. Herrod reckons its very common there all shitting themselves. Another way ford decided to make some money!!
Actually dying MAF's are very uncommon on Fords.
Did you take the opportunity to install a larger MAF when you replaced it?
BTW I fitted a Bored MAF(to 59mm) and adjustable reg. to an EB XR8 which had Pacemakers and 3" single exhaust and no "chip" and it achieved 136Kw.

Pete.
 
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-02, 08:36 PM
XR805
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The air flow meters on a series 1 is differant to the series 2 ones. I haven't yet replaced mine as i'm looking into differant prices etc. I'm considering a reconditioned one for bout $350 or i've been offered a brand new MAF of an EL GT for $650. Told it will also give more power. Any suggestions anyone?
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-02, 09:41 PM
I want a turtle!
 
XR8chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2,635
I picked up a 2nd hand Cobra MAF for $200. (76mm MAF)

A mate of mine with a EF bought a 2nd hand stock MAF from a EL1XR8 for $100

FPV - Tickford Club of NSW
http://www.fpvclub.com
XR8chic is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-02, 06:02 AM
XR9UTE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by XR805
The air flow meters on a series 1 is differant to the series 2 ones. I haven't yet replaced mine as i'm looking into differant prices etc. I'm considering a reconditioned one for bout $350 or i've been offered a brand new MAF of an EL GT for $650. Told it will also give more power. Any suggestions anyone?
The EB GT,ED Sprint,EL GT and EL series 2 all use the same 70mm MAF. You cannot simply plug in a bigger MAF unless it is matched to your injectors and/or eec, or you have a means of changing the MAF transfer function within the eec(the $650 will be wasted unless you address this).
Before you go buying a bigger MAF you might decide how far you want to go in your search for power. There is such a thing as "too big a MAF".

Pete.
 
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-02, 06:06 AM
XR9UTE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
I picked up a 2nd hand Cobra MAF for $200. (76mm MAF)

A mate of mine with a EF bought a 2nd hand stock MAF from a EL1XR8 for $100
Hi Kell, the Cobra MAF is the same 70mm MAF I refered to previously not 76mm.
Btw; saw you Falcon in the Ford Performance mag.

Pete.
 
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-02, 06:29 AM
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 478
Pete

Kelli's MAF is actually a CnL 76mm MAF. Think it has the 24lb sample tube but not 100% on that.

Btw I was at that Eastern Creek night the photos were from in Perf Ford mag and I was kicking their butts but no picture for me, damn.
anakha is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-02, 07:13 AM
XR9UTE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by anakha
Pete

Kelli's MAF is actually a CnL 76mm MAF. Think it has the 24lb sample tube but not 100% on that.

Btw I was at that Eastern Creek night the photos were from in Perf Ford mag and I was kicking their butts but no picture for me, damn.
No wuckers Kon, actually I seem to remember something about a 76 C&L.
Yeah it's funny how magazines seem to do that. Maybe they have the same publisher as Street Moron magazine?

Pete.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unichip dyno results! SPHELL Australian Falcons 25 10-09-03 12:14 AM
Dyno Day Results timbo ef1xr8 On the Road in Australia 15 09-22-03 03:49 AM
NA Fairlane Dyno Results MightyEFGhia Australian Falcons 8 04-13-03 10:24 PM
The FordForums Quick List and Dyno Results Aussie Pete The Pub 12 10-01-02 12:53 AM
LS1 Dyno day results. HRT 8 The Pub 57 07-19-02 10:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome