E-series or AU? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 22:47   #1 (permalink)
wanting 6 gears!

E-series or AU?

Iv been doing a bit of modding to my EA today to find out that its going to be traded in soon !! Not that its a problem but there is a problem ill have between 8-13k to spend. I have the choice between a ef xr6 or an au2 forte or maybe a VT or X. Im not sure which way to go but 80% likely to get another falcon.

The problem is between them the ef xr6 is really good looking while the Au looks preety crap. The thing is ill be modding my next car so im not sure if I should worry about the looks. An AU with ts50 kit some nice typhoon 18" and some of them black tailights on ozeparts would look very nice. My next car will have to be red as iv heard they go alot faster. I can go towards a vx and do the body kit monaro tail lights and headlights and all that but I doubt ill go down that path really who hasnt already got a commodore that looks like that. I feel the interior of a ef is much better then that of the au but I think the au exterior looks alot nicer when done up.

Im wondering which way I should go I want a v8 but plan to buy the engine later and get just a straight six for the time been. Which would be the best way to go and why?
blinkAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2004, 23:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: E-series or AU?

Dude, you are askin the wrong people, if you ar talkin about holdens, 99% of dudes are gonna say stick with the ford.,..as will I.
I rekon you should go the ER, cheaper to mod and you will get some serious balls out of it. Plus the cosmetic stuff is already done on the XR. However the AU is newer, will feel like a newer can...der and will most likel;y have less km's.
Dumped on its tits with rims
Hardly legal tint. EL interior.
Hi-Flow mandrel cold air intake.
Extractors, 2.5' exhaust....
Lip spoiler, custom boot garnish!
PetesEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 23:23   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Mate, the AU falcon is a strange shape. Either you love it or you dont. I do however love the eseries shape and a nice ef or el xr, dumped on its ass is a very attractive car in my books. Even go the tickford fairmont mate, very nice.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 23:33   #4 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

I own an AUII Forte. It's not a bad car, but handles like a boat compared to my EB! Both with stock suspension.

I think the AU interior is heaps nicer than the EF!!! But each to their own.

If you want a V8, get one. I have wanted a V8 since my first car which was an EA Ghia. I then upgraded and planned on getting an 8, but found a schmick EB Fairmont 6 with low k's so I got that. I have only recently got the AUII, but wanted an EF/EL XR8 5spd and I couldn't find one so I settled for the AUII. Let me tell you I have regretted it both times. It will cost you A LOT more to convert the car to V8 later on than to just get one now!

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 23:42   #5 (permalink)

EAII_fairmont, what do you mean by "why can t5's be nice to me ?"
You havin probs ?
Dumped on its tits with rims
Hardly legal tint. EL interior.
Hi-Flow mandrel cold air intake.
Extractors, 2.5' exhaust....
Lip spoiler, custom boot garnish!
PetesEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Yes while all these arguements are valid, there still remains any real direction to help this guy. While ef's look nice and all, its till a 94-95 year car. They have some very good points but its starting to get really old as is my EB. The AU's even though they are an aquired taste visually, are a much newer vehicle at an equivalent price and between 2-5years old. The AU's have an excellent mechanical history and the series 2 have better brakes again. (read: twin pot calipers to front). If you want full sick looks, then by all means dump it, put a mild kit on it and some 18's or BA rims. The AU's shouldnt be left out of the equation as the main depreciation of these cars has nearly reached its maximum. They are a very comfortable car and if your intention is make the thing go harder, it will respond very well as many AU owners on here will vouch.

The EF will also be readily acceptable for such mods as mentioned, but as I said, its a 9-10yo car now and depending on if you get a ef thats looked after, you maybe replacing things other than what you intend to mod. Are ya with me? i.e. suspension is starting to get a bit long in the tooth etc. Plus whats your insurance gonna charge with an ef xr6 over an AU forte?

The choice is yours, but be aware of the fundamental things that may require attention rather than what you can do to it.

sorry for the rant
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 00:01   #7 (permalink)
known as tibbo

AU2 for every reason blueoval said....

yuo get factory power windows (fronts atleast), 6 stacker, better choice of aftermarket wheels etc
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 00:04   #8 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

oooh, I forgot about the choice of wheels you can get, thanks for reminding me tibbo.
Yes e-series are a hard car to get decent aftermarket rims for. The AU's & BA's have way more to chose from IMO.
Old 05-03-2004, 00:07   #9 (permalink)
{';'}

It's a bloody hard choice. I'd dismiss the Commy in an instant, just because I'm biassed... Hmmm like has already been said, the AU is much more refined, newer, most-likely more reliable, and a lot younger. Plus you'd be getting more for your money. All Falcons can look very nice and tough too.

If you want an 8, get one to begin with too expensive and lots of mucking around to put one in later. Maybe a V8 EL Fairmont Ghia?

I think if you choose with your brain, you will lean towards the AU. But long live E-Series!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 00:10   #10 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

hehe. I here ya XRated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech