Ford Forums banner

E series falcon 6 with DOHC?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kieron 
G
#1 ·
My GF's mum drives some beast early E-series futura wagon, not sure yet as I havent really looked closely at it, but my GF reckons the motor uses a DOHC?

Am I am pretty much right in saying "WHAT THE?"
I thought all base model straight 6 falcons were SOHC until the BA?

#4 ·
metal boy said:
I fully thought so too!
haha aww well I don't want to shatter her little dream world -shes a Holden girl anyways :p
Mate you'll have to convert her to the Blue Oval side by the looks of it.

Yeah definitly no DOHC in EA's though there was rumours of secret developments for the DOHC engine but cost and justification back then prevented the engine from making it into production.

#6 ·
the DOHC head for the E-series falcon's was VERY expensive, and i don't think the power increase was much at all, something around the 11kw mark?

G
#7 ·
XR_Strider_GuY said:
Mate you'll have to convert her to the Blue Oval side by the looks of it.

Yeah definitly no DOHC in EA's though there was rumours of secret developments for the DOHC engine but cost and justification back then prevented the engine from making it into production.
hehe yeh she likes fords, just not as much as i do.
at least shes not that keen on commodores already - hey, its a start!

#8 ·
The DOHC was actually developed for the EA donk, but was never used because it only improved power at high revs and the 3.9 was to rough at these revs, the shorter stroke 3.2 was a better candidate and apparently when in this combo made similar power as the MPEFI 3.9 SOHC - cheaper to just go the stroked route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.