E - series shift kits - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 20:44   #1 (permalink)
Ford Fanatic

E - series shift kits

Hi,

Just letting you know that if anyone is interested in rebuilding their auto transmission in e - series falcons that my cousin has a workshop called Precision Automatics in Fairy Meadow [near Wollongong]. He has done a few E-series boxes, which include harder shift kits, installation of adjustable solenoids and hi-stalls to suit. All at a very good price. He recently did my brothers auto in his EL 5.0 Fairmont Ghia and made a huge improvement, he also installed a daiken clutch and rebuilt my manual box in my ELXR8.

He also deals with any other type of auto transmissions and manuals. Including manual shift kits for C4's, etc.

He lives in Sydney so if you also live in Sydney and interested don't hesitate to call him.

Give him a call or maybe go to his workshop and have a chat to him, he would be more than happy to chat about anything or answer any questions you have.

His name is Gary

ph: 42857877
mob: 0411236692

address: Unit 2/ 88-92 Jardine St. Fairy Meadow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 21:09   #2 (permalink)

On this subject does anyone know a good transmission place in Brisbane somewhere...
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

6pAc, I had a problem with the trimatic in my Calais when I had it. I called up Dinkum Automatics at Everton Hills and they diagnosed the problem over the phone. I was astonished at their expertise. This was some number of years ago but they still exist, I just looked them up. I'm getting rough shifts (no flaring ‘though) in my car so I thought I'd go get her serviced.

I'm interested in a shift-kit whilst I’m at it. Would someone explain exactly what they consist of, the different types and how much additional punishment it allows the transmission to tolerate?

If anyone can recommend other auto places around Brisbane I'll consider them also.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 22:12   #4 (permalink)

after some more reading it sort of appears that shift kits dont exist for falcons or it is far simpler to use the adjustable s5 solinoid from an au and up the line pressure and get a trannie cooler...

anyone please feel free to correct me as i personally dont have a clue....
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 22:30   #5 (permalink)

Attn Melb ppl - E Series shift kits <-- doesn't that explain pretty much most of this?
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech