E series XR6????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2004, 22:35   #1 (permalink)
Aspiring Audi RS6 Owner

E series XR6?????

thinkin of movin onto an ED EF XR6 prefer manual with reasonable kays to i like the ED shape but i think they r gettin abit old now any ideas on prices etc
12/93 ED Fairmont I6 auto 16" CSA rims lowered pedders 2 1/2 lukey zorst JVC mp3 head unit 6" Pioneer comp splits, 6" rears 2 12" pioneers in custom built box 350w pioneer amp and 700w pioneer amp clear front and side indicators colour coded bumpers Gen ED XR front
TuffED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2004, 23:31   #2 (permalink)
still around... sometimes

Re: E series XR6?????

My old girl bought an EF XR6 manual in grey for $8k about 2 months ago. It was a little rough (needs spoiler respraying, bonnet faded, one window tint has a big scratch (F1+ tint too) and one door has a bit of a rattle). It had done 200,000km, so i guess you'd expect to pay a bit over $9000 for an ok example with medium kays. Before you buy it, check out insurance though. Even though they're sixes, insurance companies don't like them a whole lot. AAMI won't insure me to drive it, even though it's my mums car and i drive it like once a year.

Jared

- T04b 1.15 A/R
- 3" zorst
- big cooler
- DBA slotted rotors
- 17x8 AJR Directors
- kings superlows
- megasquirt
- T5
- not quite finished...
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 23:38   #3 (permalink)
EFXR62

An excellent condition EF/EL XR6, with 200,000+ kays can go for anything upto $15000.

It all depends on the car.. Some people like cars that have been done up, with all the performance mods, etc, but then other people see them as an indication that the car has been driven hard and thrashed..

Mine has had an auto rebuild (didn't need it, but got it at a good price), Full top end rebuild, new tickford head, new valves, cam, springs, etc.. Paint is in very good condition, one minor dint on the left hand side rear fender, front has some stone chips, which are being fixed up soon.. Interior is immaculate, full stereo system, replaced all factory wiring/speakers with all mid to high end stuff..

I want to sell it, but then i don't.. I'm going through all these emotions :( I think i'm leaning more towards keeping it and making it fast..

If i was going to sell it, i'd look for around $12-15 with the stereo.. Some people will no doubt say how expensive this is, but as many can vouch for, it's a very well looked after, very good condition XR..
Old 06-27-2004, 00:35   #4 (permalink)
Aspiring Audi RS6 Owner

i think wen i said reasonable k's ppl thought i meant heaps i wanna try get into a low k version sorry like around 110000k mayb
12/93 ED Fairmont I6 auto 16" CSA rims lowered pedders 2 1/2 lukey zorst JVC mp3 head unit 6" Pioneer comp splits, 6" rears 2 12" pioneers in custom built box 350w pioneer amp and 700w pioneer amp clear front and side indicators colour coded bumpers Gen ED XR front
TuffED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:44   #5 (permalink)

For a good condition 5spd with low km's you would be looking at $13k+ but of course that all depends on the the extra options, extent of modifications and extras, service history etc and what ever else your after.

But at the end of the day each cars going to be different and sell at varying prices. I had one guy come up to me at the servo the other day because he wanted to buy my car and i said its not for sale but he still wanted to give me his details if i decided to sell it even after i told him it would be $15k+
Old 06-27-2004, 02:43   #6 (permalink)

We had one over our way EL XR6 Auto, Bloody Low, 18 inch BA Rims.. 116,000km on the clock and they wanted $15,000 best one i have seen! nice dark green colour too!
AU 1 Fairmont ~ Air Pod/Cold Air Intake ~Clear Side Indercators ~ Electronic Shift Kit! (Always fun!) Alpine Head Deck ~ 12" Kenwood 800watt Sub ~ Boss 4 x 1000 watt Amp ~ Kenwood 6x9's in the back ~ Pioneer Splits Front ~
bertson265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:18   #7 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

I seriously doubt u will be able to find a 5 speed ED XR6 with kays that low... sure they will be a few out there but its gonna take alot to find one. i got my ED XR6 man for 9k best of luck

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:37   #8 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Dallas, there has been a couple for sale around here lately.
Go to the Border mail site, and have a look in the old For Sale adds.

Good ones can be bought for reasonable money.

After a Red one?
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:39   #9 (permalink)
still around... sometimes

Yeah as Supa R00 said, you'd be hard pressed to find an ED with kays that low. If you did you'd pay top dollar though. I even consider an EF with 150-ish on the dial as having low kays. I am talkin country cars here though . I'd never buy a city car with those kays, but that's just me.

Jared

- T04b 1.15 A/R
- 3" zorst
- big cooler
- DBA slotted rotors
- 17x8 AJR Directors
- kings superlows
- megasquirt
- T5
- not quite finished...
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:42   #10 (permalink)

Rollin and I looked and an ED XR earlier this year when i was deciding what i do with my car...

This ED XR6 was extremely average for $8000. Paint was no good in sections, doors closed like crap. Dirty engine bay and interior, seats torn. It didnt look as though it was treated very well. Also it didnt have cruise, and i definitly wanted a car with cruise

I am glad i didnt buy it. Plus my car would be quicker than that anyways... and i would have had any money to spend on it too.

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech