EA to AU engine mounts the same? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2003, 16:36   #1 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

EA to AU engine mounts the same?

I have been toying with the idea of putting a newer engine into my XF and putting it on straight gas.
I been told that if i use XH engine mounts the EB engine will slot straight in. Now what about using a AU engine It would have to be better than an EB engine but will it fit straight on the same engine mounts.

Thanks

Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2003, 18:20   #2 (permalink)

im pretty sure it wont fit. The ef's and onwards have different mounts to pre ef engines.

i think it is still possible to fit the engine in with some modifications to the mounts
brjamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 18:30   #3 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Dan,

You many posts are you going to make on the same (or closely related) topics?

You need XG ute mounts which fit the EA-EL engine into an XF style body. The XH ute had the whole front structure the same as the EA-EL. Seperate K-member, rack & pinion steering, SLALS front suspension, same inner panels etc. So they are identical mechanically to the E-series sedans - nothing like an XF.

AU mounts are different again.
The AU I6 has the cast alloy sump (no you can't swap them as the mains are cross-bolted through the casting) with completely different engine mounts that will only fit the cast alloy cross-member from AU-BA. You can't fit this crossmember to an XF but it would be possible to fit to an EA-EL(or XH).
Old 03-13-2003, 01:43   #4 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Thanks for that guys.
Sorry about multiple posting but a lot of people dont like long posts with heaps of question in one. It usually results in questions not being answered. If i make different topic headlines then a person may know exactly what i need to know. For example if i asked about the dual runner manifold separately to the engine conversion topic then a lot of people who own EF and onwards cars may be able to answer but if they see the heading E series engine into XF on straight gas they may not think they will be able to help and not read the thread at all.

Thanks for clearing up the Exact ute model, i wasnt sure. The same goes for the AU engine differences. Now i know that i will probably use an ED engine or an EL but not an EF.

Thanks
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:42   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I'm sure some simple fabricating could be done there! Iff done clean and good an engineer cert may not be nesessary...
What would be worth looking at is where the sump etc fits..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech