EA Cold Air Intake - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2002, 22:39   #1 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP
 
Thanatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 33
Posts: 1,432
EA Cold Air Intake

I was just wondering if anyone has made a cold air intake for their EA-ED???


I've seen heaps for EF-EL's, which are all ducted from the little hole in the bumper bar, through the guard, and into the bottom of the airbox.
However, EA-ED's don't have this little hole in the bumper, so I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on where to duct the air from. I've installed an XG scoop, but it made f*@k all difference.

Even if you haven't done it, ANY ideas would be appreciated!


Thanks.

Dave
__________________

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2002, 03:59   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: adelaide hills
Posts: 6
only places i can think of taking factory filter box out and drilling large holes under it and sealing that corner off with a cold air box, build and tryed the box but couldent bring myself to cut the holes though. onyl prob is all the shit coming of wheels dirtying up the filter. maybe shadecloth over the holes or using flex. duct to direct the air into the cold air box

other is drilling a hole in thr front left hand side of the bar and sitting filter behind that

havent worked out how to get pipework round to the front ducts in the bar yet maybe bumber supports in the way, maybe 2 x 2 in y section back into a 3in then into filter

oterwise put the pod filter on the end of stock inlet hose then raise the bonnet with washers maybe try to get rid of heat that way (tool look)

give me some time and ill get around to doin it

bye
ash
Red EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 04:41   #3 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP
 
Thanatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 33
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
only places i can think of taking factory filter box out and drilling large holes under it and sealing that corner off with a cold air box, build and tryed the box but couldent bring myself to cut the holes though. onyl prob is all the shit coming of wheels dirtying up the filter. maybe shadecloth over the holes or using flex. duct to direct the air into the cold air box

Pretty good idea, but wouldn't it still have the same problem (ie. where does the cold air come from?)? The biggest problem (as i see it) is trapping the air from the front of the car.


Quote:
other is drilling a hole in thr front left hand side of the bar and sitting filter behind that
the problem with this is that it looks FAR from factory... would probably look pretty crappy. I thought about doing this, and even investigated whether it would be possible to attach the little holes from an EF/EL bumper, but either way wouldn't look too good.


Quote:
havent worked out how to get pipework round to the front ducts in the bar yet maybe bumber supports in the way, maybe 2 x 2 in y section back into a 3in then into filter
That's basically what i was thinking of doing, but the biggest problem is (as you said) getting it past the bumper supports.


Quote:
oterwise put the pod filter on the end of stock inlet hose then raise the bonnet with washers maybe try to get rid of heat that way (tool look)
Yup, you said it - TOOL LOOK. I'd rather go without the intake than look like a retard...


Thanks for your suggestions, mate, it's greatly appreciated. Although it's proving to be a difficult task I am determined to do it!!!

Thanks.


Dave
__________________

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EA Running Cold AUII_Forte General Tech 17 11-28-2002 15:46
EA Cold Air Intake Thanatos General Tech 11 06-29-2002 04:47
Cold air intake for 4 l ED WhiteRyder General Tech 7 04-26-2002 08:18
cold air intake gmanEA General Tech 13 03-21-2002 15:03
cold air intake advice waz General Tech 5 10-12-2001 12:24

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:02.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.