Ford Forums banner

Ea or EB

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EFJase 
#1 ·
Iv got my current car ea mpi s pack. I want a manual and a EB but i dont think i could find a manual EB. I like the style of my EA as well more then the EB so I have a few questions

I want to pay someone to convert it to a manual for me how much am i looking at (brisbane) ? Hope its not over 1k. Also when u have converted can you run into any problems with the manual?

Does a 4L EB head fit onto a EA ? Does it give the same performance ? How much is the head ?

Do the rear tail lights of the EB falcon fit into the tail lights of the EA falcon ? My ea ones need replacing and I like the eb ones better.

The only thing that is pulling me towards a EB is that i ran into the gutter in my EA once bent the control arm cost about $100 all up to fix everything. The wheel alignment is out even though Iv had one but i did go driving on a pothole bush road once so I think (hope) another wheel alignment will fix that. Anyway im really not sure to do I cant really affoard to convert to a manual not sure if it would be cheap to find a EB manual. Any help appreciated.

#3 ·
I reckon it depends on what you realy like. I personaly like my EA cose something always gos wrong with it, which means i have something to work on during the week instead of doin nothing. I also herd you can put a 4.0 ltr Xr6 head on a 3.9 ltr engine, and that these have a stage 2 camshaft. I am also interested in changing the boot garnish and rear taillights on my EA to EB or fairmont one's. Is this possible?

#4 ·
i installed a set of EB fairmont tail ligts into my EA a couple of days ago, took less than 30mins. you will have to make up an easy bracket (just a thin piece 2mm steel, with 2 drilled holes), and install. you will have to wire up the reverse lights tho, and make sure you get the reverse lightbulb assembly.
the tail light alone will set you back around the $150 mark (no idea on the boot centre peice), but check through the trading post, I purchased the complete set-up for $20 through it.

if you have any probs with the wiring, msg me and i'll send some pics with instructions

daniel

#5 ·
Mongrel EB was thinking of selling a man conversion for $1500 fitted, in Perth but.
Parts shouldnt cost more than $1-1.5k
Id buy a wrecked car and steal it from there.

Also this has a list of things u need etc.
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=33910

Jase

#6 ·
P.S. i was looking at a EA 5spd (unlic) for $400 not long ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.