EA falcon overheating like helllllllllll - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2002, 10:25   #1 (permalink)
EAFaLcOnS

EA falcon overheating like helllllllllll

I just brougt a EA S-pack and the bloody thing keeps overheating, ive put in a lower temp thermostat, the 91 degree one made da car overheat in 5 mins so i tried the "70degrees one, cleaned out the radiator, done the ignition timing, theres no leaks, new hoses, and oil level is full. On the temp gauge when i start the car its on da blue mark when i get on the road it usally sits on "L" near da red and stays there never goes back and some times goes to da red and stays. The fan clutch works fine. ive just about given up. any ideas ppls.

EA Falcons kick Ass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2002, 11:10   #2 (permalink)
EA 238

Check the water temp with a thermometer. If it's OK, the problem is in the sender or gauge.
Old 02-27-2002, 17:20   #3 (permalink)
ben

water pump could be screwed, engine could be low oil, or overloaded.

remove the thermostat for constant water flow, if this works, use it like this for about a week and then install a genuine one (a simple 54mm one will not do, it must be the right type.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 21:00   #4 (permalink)
94ED

sounds like it needs a decent flush or a cleaning out!!!

the ed had the same prob

paul
Old 02-28-2002, 07:49   #5 (permalink)
Brent79

Dude, i had this problem... My EB1 would sit around the 'A' mark and would go right up to the top of the normal scale if i didnt keep movin'! It really worried me. After a cooling service it kept happening so i took it back to the mechs and they told me the engine was running fine and the coolant temp was within normal specs. My temp guage sender sensor
was 'hyperactive' and was just showing a large increase in temp when infact it was just a few degree's increase in temp.
Nothing to worry about! :)

Brent
Old 04-11-2002, 19:06   #6 (permalink)
Grandpa Henry

hmm

Howdy Brent I have to concur with you on that. When I sit on the freeway at 140 she sits on A usually, though when I leave and go into traffic it gets all um hyperactive. The radiator is only 2 years old and my guess that the sensor has lost the plot. Does anyone know how to check and or replace it??

Long Live the EA!

Grandpa Henry
Old 04-12-2002, 02:16   #7 (permalink)
timkershaw

water pump

How do ya know if ya water pump is working or not..

??
Old 04-12-2002, 07:39   #8 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: water pump

I just had my cooling system done... i was loosing coolant big time and turns out i had a cracked radiator side tank so they replaced the whole radiator. Since then ive had no troubles with overheating even on hot days with the a/c on. It doesnt even get too the stage where the fan turns on fully.
I guess i had stuffed radiator fins or something. Temp sits on the bottom of the normal scale (lower on cold nights)

Brent
Old 04-12-2002, 19:00   #9 (permalink)
RedEAGhia

Re: water pump

Mine was doing the same it turned out that fords get a build up of casting sand from when they manufacture the heads, this ends up in the end tanks of the radiator, mine was 80% blocked. when they showed me the tanks were completley full of mud
Old 06-01-2002, 08:56   #10 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Have you got the original dual acting or skirted thermostat fitted. A single acting one will cause this problem, see http://www.vtr.org/maintain/stag-cooling.html for what they look like. Ford will sell you a single acting one unless you insist on the original dual acting one.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech