Ford Forums banner

Ea Ghia Digital Speedo Color Change

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  XplodBoom 
#1 ·
Hi peoples!!

Just finished changing the orange speedo/door indicator/trip comp/climate control LCD screens to an awesome blue!!! Looks mad, and it really was pretty damn easy... If I can get my hands on a digicam I will show some pics!!!

Also, If you are going to do it, you have to remove the old inserts completely (they are white plastic thingies, keep em for if you wanna sell the car later)

#5 ·
Alright, I'll do my best....

For the Trip Computer all you gotta do is unscrew the cluster surround, unscrew the section of the dash where the trippie is.... Then take the trippie out, and remove the front cover of iot (its clipped on, be careful removing it... ) Now, once you have the front off it, there is the screen and a white rectangle piece of plastic (this is the filter that makes the light orange) remove this filter and replace with a same size piece of see through plastic (i got the blue from a document folder type thing from big W, many people have used colored post it notes but it didnt look too crash hot on mine) once your done, plug her in and presto!!! Same procedure for the climate control, however its got a bunch of little screws... piece of cake, i've only done it once and both the trippie and climate control took under an hour.

For the dash, same principle however there are heaps of screws... just remember where the long ones go etc etc and you will be fine....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.