Easy Kill Switch??????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 01:56   #1 (permalink)
Large Member

Easy Kill Switch???????

Hi guys,
Friends wife had her car keys stolen from work yesterday , so he wants to put a kill switch in it just in case.. Its a 93 Laser..
Can anyone tell me the best and easiest way to put in some kind of switch, what sort of switch to get , and what sort of thing you would wire it into??

Cheers
Fludey
Fludey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2003, 02:00   #2 (permalink)

Easy as hell just wire up a switch to the active line that goes to your fuel pump.

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:07   #3 (permalink)
Large Member

What sort of switch, rocker, toggle etc..??
Old 01-29-2003, 02:28   #4 (permalink)

I would stick with a nice stiff toggle switch. The fuel pump should be back with the tank .... mount the switch somwhere very hidden (not under the dash)

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:33   #5 (permalink)
Large Member

Sorry bout all the q's but I found this switch which seems perfect except it has an LED, if I hid it somewhere well enough , do you think the LED would matter , or poss. it only comes on when the switch is on, Im no sure, but it's a neat looking switch

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVie...Max=&SUBCATID=

Cheers
Fludey
Old 01-29-2003, 03:26   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

I have seen this!!!!!! You could also put in push button "kill switch" on/into the starter circuit. Have it within arm reach when you are sitting in the drivers seat, but well hidden.
Chris Nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:09   #7 (permalink)

A good point with dis-abling the fuel pump is that the engine will still crank. If the ignition is killed, no crank would point to a kill switch, other way looks like an engine fault.
Old 01-29-2003, 16:15   #8 (permalink)
Large Member

Yeah makes sense TopGhia, I was thinking that aswell, because if there is nothing at all, then the thief would look for the switch and maybe find it, but if she cranks, maybe they will think that the cars playing up..
Will the car start at all if the fuel pumps not working , even for a second with the fuel thats already in the line?

Cheers
Fludey
Old 01-29-2003, 18:28   #9 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Nope....fuel will usually trickle back into tank.. thats why you hear the fuel pump pressurising the lines when you first turn your key.

In saying this though, if you turn it off, kill the pump and start it again, (in a short time frame) it will prob work for a second or so, but not long.
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 21:09   #10 (permalink)

Yeah if you do that it will kick over for a second .. wich isnt bad because you or someone else might here your car start ... then it will die.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech