Things to look out for when purchasing a EA, EB, ED, EF, EL Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane/XR/Gli/Futura/Ghia etc straight six and V8:
- worn upper and lower rear trailing arm bushes [especially EA's]
- leak at transmission rear extension housing seal
- leak at rear main engine seal [6 and 8]
- oily residue on or around front brake hoses [ABS models]
- leak at crankshaft seal [6 and 8]
- leak at welsh plugs [EA,B,D, or any with 250,000 kms +]
- backlash in diff
These are probably the most looked out for things by mechanics at rego time, and are not cheap to repair. There are thousands of other things to look out for but then we'd be here for days.
However, the best thing to do is to get a mechanic to check it out or get a N.R.M.A check. Good luck
FORD BA FAIRMONT GHIA DRIVER
5.4 litre VCT V8, SSS AUTO, HERRODS EXHAUST, MERCURY SILVER
, BLACK LEATHER/INTERIOR, TINTS, SUNROOF, SAT NAV, FORD SCUFF PLATES, GHIA MATS, PREMIUM SOUND, SLIMLINE WEATHER SHIELDS, BONNET PROTECTOR, TOW BAR, BLAH BLAH.......