EB Falcon SS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2002, 03:24   #1 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Eb Ss

Just read an article about the 10 EB SS Falcons Ford made for the production class championship in 92....
anyone know the engine specs for these things?

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2002, 23:02   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

The EB II Falcon SS in late '92 was devised, like the VP Commodore SS V6 it competed with, technically as a production model. Neither were ever intended to be mainstream. Only fans of Group E production car racing would have heard of them.

The Falcon SS' 4.0 six was effectively a prototype for the original S-XR6, lacking only the split exhaust, and with a milder suspension tune. A camber kit and a V8-derived gearbox improved performance and handling, while ABS, an LSD and a raised rear deck wing were also fitted.

Price was $31,467 - $561 more than the superior S-XR6, which deliberately ensured the lack of popularity, not to mention availability issues.

This information is from the October '92 issue of Wheels, though someone on the #eafalcon IRC channel recently contradicted this by claiming the the SS had a supercharger.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 19:45   #3 (permalink)

Question Re: Eb Ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiX_iN_a_RoW View Post
Just read an article about the 10 EB SS Falcons Ford made for the production class championship in 92....
anyone know the engine specs for these things?
Hi there. I know this is an old thread but I own one of these EB SS falcons and was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get some information about the history of them. My car has been modified to The Australian Saloon Car Spec but I was hoping someone may be able to help me find out more about the history of the EB SS falcon. I purchased mine as a Saloon car and didn't even know there was such a car as falcon SS. I assumed this was a misprint in my logbook (Thought maybe was just an S) until recently when my car was scruntineered by a CAMS official who creamed his pants over my car being a falcon SS. I have a few contacts at Ford in Geelong but they weren't even aware of the EB Falcon SS and I haven't been able to find any information anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Brad
Neilo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01   #4 (permalink)

Re: EB Falcon SS

Hi
I know these posts are pretty old but I too am now looking for info on the EB SS. My brother was pretty much given one recently and we have only just found out that there are only 10 in existence so we are keen to find out any info we can as well.
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 21:22   #5 (permalink)

Re: Eb Ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilo77 View Post
Hi there. I know this is an old thread but I own one of these EB SS falcons and was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get some information about the history of them. My car has been modified to The Australian Saloon Car Spec but I was hoping someone may be able to help me find out more about the history of the EB SS falcon. I purchased mine as a Saloon car and didn't even know there was such a car as falcon SS. I assumed this was a misprint in my logbook (Thought maybe was just an S) until recently when my car was scruntineered by a CAMS official who creamed his pants over my car being a falcon SS. I have a few contacts at Ford in Geelong but they weren't even aware of the EB Falcon SS and I haven't been able to find any information anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Brad
The success of Kent Youlden in the Group E production touring car series and the fact that Kent worked for FoMoCo allowed them access to facilities at the Geelong engine plant. Also a meeting with Howard Marsdon in which the decision was made to produce the ss purely to homoligate the things which they needed to win the series. I do have the Ford service bulletin somewhere, the engine mods included retarded cam timing and modified ecu. if you are still interested give me a call. andy40d
andy40d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech