Ford Forums banner

EB Heater (broken blend door)

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sph|nx 
#1 ·
According to the diagnostic mode on my climate control the blend door is not opening so therefore i have no heat. I have read that you have to remove your whole dashboard to fix this, and I am not very mechanically minded so i was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much it would cost to get this fixed? Just a rough price will do so i can work out whether do get it fixed or just buy a few news jackets :)...

Thanks

#2 ·
i think the prob i had with mine was the same,

the air would only blow on the face, it wouldnt change direction, the people who fixed it didnt have to take the dash out, they somehow placed the door back on

thats all the info i have :shrug:

#3 ·
Thats a different problem eafiarmont, the blend door controls hot/cold rather than air outlet.
sphinx problem is a common one, and generally the dash has to come off to access it. I believe someone here has had succes without removing the dash though, but from expereince its still a reasonable job especially if your not mechanically minded.

To have some R/R the dash, your looking at around $300+, then the actual part cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.