Ford Forums banner

EB heater controls

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Aussiblue 
#1 ·
Hi all,

The heater controls on my car dont operate as they are supposed to. When it is set to "windscreen only" it also comes out on the floor. When it is set to "floor only" it also comes out on the windscreen. The other positions work correctly. I do know that this particular car was not fitted with air con when made but was installed by the dealer when it was first purchased. I am not sure if this problem has existed since then and I am unable to ask the previous owner as he is away on holiday.

Is anyone familiar with this problem or have any ideas what to check first?

Thanks, Jason

#3 ·
OK; I finally found the dealer fitted heater case vaccuum circuit diagram. There a 12 tuble inlets on the heater case behind the gove box going left to right from top down (like a photo portrait) they are numbered 1,8,9,12,7,3,2,11,10,4 and coloured black, blue, red, purple, turquoise, yellow, black, green, white, and tan. On the factory setup they are number left to right top down 6,8,9,1,7,3,2, unused, 5, and 4 and colouted black, blue, red, black, turquoise, yellow, black, turqoise, green and tan.

On the dealer fitted outlet 1 (black) is connected to the vaccuum control valve, outlet 8 (blue) to the face level switch , 9 (red) to the face vent switch, 12 (purple) to the Right Hand footwell duct, 7 ( turquoise) to hot water tap, 3 (yellow) to the screen/foor switch, 2 (black) to the vaccum reservoir, 11 (green) to the fresh/recirculate switch, 10 (white) to the fresh recirculate switch and 4 (tan) to the screen floor switch.

#4 ·
EB heater Vacuum circuit

G'day Blue,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your directions and discovered that my car is a bit different than what you descibed. Reading left to right, top to bottom, my colours are ;Black, Blue, Red, unused, Turqoise, Yellow, Black, Unused, Dark Green, Brown.

As a comparison I checked my girlfriends EA11 S Pac and its colours are different again. They are as follows; black, blue, red, orange, light green, yellow, black, unused, dark green, brown.

I dont know if that is of any assistance to you. While I was in her car I did fix another problem. Her cars heater has never been that good (we need all the heat we can get here in Tassie) but while I had the glovebox off I adjusted the cable position a few notches and whamo, a bit more heat was attainable( she says thanks).

You wouldnt have any other ideas would you Blue?

Cheers, Jason.

#5 ·
Your girlfriend's is correct for a factory setup. Turquoise = light green. Brown=tan. Although the orange should be black.

I think whoever connected yours stuffed up and left some unused that should have been used and swapped some around. It would certainly explian why it does what it does. You'll have to buy some cheap transparent winscreen washer hose or nylon brake line hose or air shockers air line hose and re-do it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.