eb2 central locking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 04:16   #1 (permalink)

Question eb2 central locking

Hi guys - just wondering if anyone can offer some help/advice if this has happened to them or not. My central locking is playing up. Ok, If the car is locked and I use the remote button, the car unlocks and locks immediately, and vice versa - unlocked they lock and unlock. This is the same if I use the unlock/lock switch inside on the dash. If I push the sniper button down inside the car they stay locked, and if I use the key outside the car they stay locked/unlock also. Also, when I use the remote, all the buttons move up and down except the drivers side. The only time the drivers side sniper button moves is if I use the key or puch it down. Is this a fuse, or the like, or is the drivers side central locking box stuffed? Any help would be grand!
Dan
Coatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2002, 07:55   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Bent snipper rod in one door; if the system can't lock or unlock a door fully (move the snipper the whole way) it does this.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:20   #3 (permalink)

This might be way out there... but could it be an indication that the battery in your remote is dying??

With the central locking on my car(xf) if the remote battery is dying it will falsh the indicators about 6 times(as opposed to twice)
Old 10-19-2002, 07:12   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys... but.... aussieblue - could be a sniper rod (I'm looking into it) but doesn't seem logical if using the key moves the sniper button up and down if the rod is bent, and xf_xr6 - that doesn't explain why the button has the same reaction as using the remote button. Thanks for your input, but I will look into the rod, but I am still leaning toward the stuffed central locking box in the drivers side explanation...
Coatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech