EECIV Intergrated Auto ECU - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2002, 21:50   #1 (permalink)

EECIV Intergrated Auto ECU

Would anyone know where I could find a road map to a EECIV Intergrated Auto ECU.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated
ED4.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2002, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Start here:
http://www.autoemf.com.au/ford1.htm
http://www.autoemf.com.au/ford.htm
http://acc-electronics.com/cloud/efi/amarch/eec.htm
http://www.acc-electronics.com/cloud/tc_eec.htm
Then buy the Ford Factory Manual. If you get the bound blue edition rather that the ring binder one you gets the transmission section otherwise you need to buy it on its own.
Old 07-01-2002, 20:01   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Blue, Had a look at those sites and I have the Factory Manual.
We need to 'cut & shut' the vss signal to give the computer one signal and the trans another.
Old 07-02-2002, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
XR9UTE

That's going to be rather difficult ED4.11. In fact it's not possible with the EEC controlled trans. VSS is a single input to the EEC and to the micro within which controls the whole shebang.

Are you trying to "trick" your shift points for different gears or something?
If you are prepared to wait I am working on cracking the code for 6cyl EEC's. That way you'll be able to recal with an EEC-Tuner or Most likely the new TweecerRT which I am currently testing.

If you let me know the catch code of your EEC or if you are close to Perth I can get a bin dump from your EEC?

Cheers!

Pete.
Old 07-02-2002, 19:13   #5 (permalink)

Just doing a trial with some 4.11:1 gears. It can be done with the standard processor (with a bit of intuition ) just one problem left to solve now
Old 07-03-2002, 00:16   #6 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Quote:
Originally posted by ED4.11
Just doing a trial with some 4.11:1 gears. It can be done with the standard processor (with a bit of intuition ) just one problem left to solve now
How can it be done if the micro that controls both the trans and the EEC is one and the same? There is only one VSS input and only one speed signal to the micro so how can you split it off?

Pete.
Old 07-04-2002, 17:53   #7 (permalink)

That's what I'm onto- Been running around on 4.11 for a couple of weeks but gone back to 3.7. Just need to work out the trick.
Old 07-05-2002, 00:55   #8 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Quote:
Originally posted by ED4.11
That's what I'm onto- Been running around on 4.11 for a couple of weeks but gone back to 3.7. Just need to work out the trick.
Sorry ED4.11 but there is no trick to work out.
Your only option would be to hook up another EEC to use only for the Trans and therefore allowing a separate VSS. Or you could hook up a BTR trans ECU from the earlier EB but you'd need to check that the shift strategy is compatible with your trans first.

Pete.
Old 07-07-2002, 16:27   #9 (permalink)

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Use XE Speedo Transducer part no. 78DA-17B353-AA with 18 tooth cog. Speedo will be out 20% but this can be re-calibrated. And it works- no other mods nessessary. Speed limiter will needs to be removed otherwise 150 will be top speed given speedo is out by 20% on high side.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:58   #10 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Sounds to me like your now talking about something else.
You said you wanted to split the VSS signal so you could send one signal to the computer and one to the trans. Trouble is if you have an ED 4.0L(and you did ask about an Integrated Engine/Trans type EEC in your first post) the EEC controls both the Engine and the Trans therefore the VSS signal is one and the same. Now you're talking about the speedo!?

Maybe you should explain yourself better?

Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech