EECV Re-learn - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2001, 04:24   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Question EECV Re-learn

Well i decided to try it out since my clock needed to be adjusted for daylight saving anyways. I have disconnected the negative battery terminal and intend to leave it over night hoping that the computer will re-learn.

Should i just reconnect it after one night or should i reconnect it when i actually want to drive it.

Thanks in advanced..

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2001, 05:05   #2 (permalink)
Chromed Member

Wouldnt it be easier to just buy a watch?
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 15:01   #3 (permalink)

confused

Just becarefull doing this. Not long ago I had to have my battery replaced and I got talking to the tec. He claimed that they have had some problems with Fords especially the AU when you go to restart the engine after having the power disconnected. On the initial restart the engine goes to max rpm and stays there for a short period. The rev limiter seemed not to work in this period.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 16:57   #4 (permalink)

You shouldn't connect the battery till you want to drive it.

I've never seen this on a AU going past rev limiter but there is a special way to start a AU when jump starting to stop frying the ecu. this might useful to somebody maybe??
When your ready to start the car,, with jumper leads (one of earth one on positive). have a small wire made up with small male splade clip at each end of it.
pull the cover on the relay box under bonnet. have key to ignition/engine off. There is... five replays in the box near battery? pull the top left, then you put the wire you have with splade clips, one end into the top hole and the other end into the bottom hole of the relay thats removed, should jump the car. Easy but hard to explain.
cobraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:33   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeah i won't be driving it till Wednesday, so i'll connect it back up then.

With my experience of disconnecting the batteries in falcons is that the idling goes funny for the first few km's. I guess this is because the computer is re-learning.

When i'm driving after re-connecting the battery, is it true that i have to drive it hard, if so should i take it to redline (once engine is warm) or should i just drive normally?

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
Old 10-28-2001, 01:38   #6 (permalink)
BSR

your normal driving is taking it to the red line:s5 :s5 :s5

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:58   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
your normal driving is taking it to the red line:s5 :s5 :s5
I was going to suggest that if your normal habits aren't to take it to the redline, they should be quickly altered, but it doesn't seem that I have to suggest this after all :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 02:15   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING

I was going to suggest that if your normal habits aren't to take it to the redline, they should be quickly altered, but it doesn't seem that I have to suggest this after all :D
Must admit i go close at times but not right at it, me needs the EF to last. :s4

Old 10-28-2001, 06:10   #9 (permalink)

Re: EECV Re-learn

Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY
Well i decided to try it out since my clock needed to be adjusted for daylight saving anyways. I have disconnected the negative battery terminal and intend to leave it over night hoping that the computer will re-learn.

Should i just reconnect it after one night or should i reconnect it when i actually want to drive it.

Thanks in advanced..
What was your original problem?

In order for the computer to return to factory settings, ie reset the KAM (keep alive memory) you only need to have the battery disconnected for about 5 minutes.
Reconnecting the battery does not start the relearn process. Once you start and drive the car, the short and long term fuel trims start "learning".
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 17:50   #10 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
Just becarefull doing this. Not long ago I had to have my battery replaced and I got talking to the tec. He claimed that they have had some problems with Fords especially the AU when you go to restart the engine after having the power disconnected. On the initial restart the engine goes to max rpm and stays there for a short period. The rev limiter seemed not to work in this period.
The above is not possible.
The engine cannot go to max revs with a closed throttle.

EF falcon guy;Listen to mbrown 42, he's hit the nail on the head.

Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech