EF 2 Ghia 5 ltr zorst - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 00:23   #1 (permalink)

EF 2 Ghia 5 ltr zorst

dont worry about the nick name , but ive just purchased a ef 2 fairmont ghia 5 ltr and now need some more power ( just a little )

I done a search on this topic and got a few answers but not exactly what i was after which is :

ive decided on pacemaker extractors but they have a tuned length version and a tri-y version , which one , is what i want to know realising the tuned length will give better top end power but the car is a automatic with el gt rims ( 17 inch) . the diff ratio 3.45 ( xr6 diff i think ) .

also what about the rest of the system would a 2.5 inch mandrel bent system suffice or is there a better proven system ( but quietish also which rules out the 3 inch )
Your advice will be much appreciated by this 'newbie'

ps k&n filter fitted and with the exhaust will be the last mods done to the car .
pss. i also read that advancing the base timing to 15 degrees from 10 gives some improvement true or false

adam
exec5ltrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2002, 00:44   #2 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Hey there,

I went for the tri-y pacemakers as you need a bit of low-down power with an auto. Pacemaker recommend the 4into1's for blown or stroked motors which you're not gonna do.

Rest of my system is twin 2.5" cats and then on into a single 3", but a single 2.5" would do unless u want to take the motor further.

Factory setting for the timing is 30degree BTDC +/- 2degrees. Mine was running hardly any timing when i got it so make sure u get it checked!

"Five litres of Ford's finest cast iron!"
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 23:21   #3 (permalink)

thanks for that reply , I going to go with the try y's and a single 2.5 inch system while enlarging the factory cats to 2.5 inch to match . The info on the timing is something ill check soon as ,

Back to your system what was the power gain and does it drone or is it loud and finally how much . Any positive / negative feed back also
Old 09-16-2002, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Well i sort of did my system a bit backwards. First i got the 3" cat back system and it did drone a bit, but got a bit better after i did the extractors/cats. pacemakers were about $450 and it cost $85 to have them fitted, exhaust ended up being about $400 fitted. Since then i've got some 3.7 diff gears and don't really notice any droning as it's revving that little bit higher at highway speeds. The system is fairly loud but not overly. You will get a fair power increase but don't expect any miracles.

"Five litres of Ford's finest cast iron!"
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 00:17   #5 (permalink)

thanks for the info pigdog , i going to stick with the tri y's and the twin cats and merge them into a 2.5 inch system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech