EF Airbox into an EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2003, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
EA II S-pac Owner

Question EF Airbox into an EA

Hi,

I know the bulk of parts in the E series are interchangable and I am just curious to know if this is the case with the air boxes between the EF's and the EA's?

EAII Falcon S
Mods: Pacemaker extractors, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback Exhaust, Crow Stage 2 Cam, K&N, Sony head unit, Kenwood 6x9" and Clarion 4"...
Coming: 17" rims, and King superlows..
Jakobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2003, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
EFXR62

yep, it's a common mod done by many of the ea-ed owners.. Bass Crazy has a nice setup, if you offer him ridiculous amounts of money, he miht help you and guide you on how to do it.. :)
Old 02-28-2003, 03:54   #3 (permalink)
EA II S-pac Owner

So its not just a bolt on job? Takes a little bit of fiddling around and whatever but it is possible! Cheers! Does this make any noticable difference in performance? Not that i expect to feel it until i get a set of pacemakers and high flow cat but I'd like to know anyhow..

Anymore info will be much appreciated

EAII Falcon S
Mods: Pacemaker extractors, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback Exhaust, Crow Stage 2 Cam, K&N, Sony head unit, Kenwood 6x9" and Clarion 4"...
Coming: 17" rims, and King superlows..
Jakobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:03   #4 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

also ask redwards, he just put EF air stuff into an EA, i saw it the other day, looks neat, and he said it did give noticable results on the highway especially !
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 13:20   #5 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Wouldnt you have to run the airbox backwards? The EF airbox takes air in from the lower left hand side and exits at the top towards the back. Unless you are running the BBM then you'll either have to have a bunch of pipes everywhere or run the airbox backwards

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 14:22   #6 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Re: EF Airbox into an EA

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakobi
Hi,

I know the bulk of parts in the E series are interchangable and I am just curious to know if this is the case with the air boxes between the EF's and the EA's?
I can't see there is any point to this unless you change the manifold aswell.
The standard EA setup isn't exactly restrictive on a more or less breathless engine, and if you fit the XH snorkel it is more than good enough.
The workings of the EF/EL air box were only changed because of the changed position on of the TB. Inlet and outlet of the air box have just swapped places.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 18:27   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

The EF air box has been proven to flow better than the EA. Auto speed did a flow test on various air boxes and the EF outflowed all other ford made boxes - including the AU apparently. Scott hart also used an EF box running backwards in his EB race car and on the engine dyno it showed a 3kw gain over the stock air box
Old 02-28-2003, 19:12   #8 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Quote:
Originally posted by NZinAUS
The EF air box has been proven to flow better than the EA. Auto speed did a flow test on various air boxes and the EF outflowed all other ford made boxes - including the AU apparently. Scott hart also used an EF box running backwards in his EB race car and on the engine dyno it showed a 3kw gain over the stock air box
Sure, but I did say 'a more or less breathless engine'.
Being a race car, I assume it's not standard, so not really breathless right?
The only real restriction I can see with the EA/EB/ED typ is the rubber which connects the air box to the TB. Some have no restriction, and later models appear to have a much smaller section just out from the air box whcih appears to be a venturi. EA's don't seem to have this restriction.
On a standardish engine I really don't see a point, unless you change the manifold

Out of interest, how many kw does Scotts race have?

Rick.
Old 02-28-2003, 19:14   #9 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

BTW, EF/EL and AU air boxes are the same, only intake snorkels differ.

Rick.
Old 02-28-2003, 19:16   #10 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

190kw
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech