EF Central locking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2002, 17:18   #1 (permalink)
EF Falcon

EF Central locking

I am having trouble with the central locking since I fixed a problem with the front window winder assy. The doors will not lock correctly - either the horn alarm goes off indicating the door is not shut and the locks cycle back to the unlocked position, or it locks, but the button does not go flush with the trim. When this occurs, even though the system is locked, you can still open the front door, as the external door handle still operates.
I had the Ford door lock modification fitted a number of years ago, which gave no problems. Any help here is appreciated.
rfoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2002, 17:26   #2 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

Hey, it sounds like maybe something is blocking the locking mechanism. Take the trim off again, and see if anything is where it shouldn't be. Also, give a look to the lock itself, somtimes they play funny buggers on you.

Example, 43 degree day a while ago, tried to lock it, and it cycled open / close for 1:30. Gotta hate that when ur already late for work?

Anyway, try what i said, failing that, uninstall and re-install the p/w assy. coz somtimes it dont look out of place but it is.

hope that helps.

Chris
TOX|C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 17:51   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yeah, take the trim off and see if there is anything in the way of the wires leading to the locking motor. Usually the main cause of a problem like this is something being in the way of the motor.

If you still can't get it going, then a temporary measure would be to take the boot fuse out and lock each door manually, until you can take it to a dealer.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 05:51   #4 (permalink)
EF Falcon

Re: EF Central locking

Quote:
Originally posted by rfoden
I am having trouble with the central locking since I fixed a problem with the front window winder assy. The doors will not lock correctly - either the horn alarm goes off indicating the door is not shut and the locks cycle back to the unlocked position, or it locks, but the button does not go flush with the trim. When this occurs, even though the system is locked, you can still open the front door, as the external door handle still operates.
I had the Ford door lock modification fitted a number of years ago, which gave no problems. Any help here is appreciated.
Thanks guys for your help, but the problem still persists. I have looked into this further, and have found that if I lock the problem door with the key the "button" goes down flush with the trim, and the door is then completely locked. The problem appears to be that the lock motor operates correctly, the lock button goes down correctly, but then bounces back up about 5 millimetres which causes the external door handle to open the door despite the system electically locking. The lock assy appears to need to be pulled out as I think it is a mechanical problem that I must have induced myself, but that is not a simple operation! (unless I am doing something stupid!
Old 08-03-2002, 06:14   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

I suspect you may have accidently bent the sipper rod (the one the lock"button" is attached to or you may dislodged one end of it Check that it is straight and hooked on at both ends. Also check the lock motor is screwed firmly in place.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:31   #6 (permalink)
EF Falcon

confused

Thanks for your help Blue. I will check if this rod is bent. Cheers.
Old 08-13-2002, 21:00   #7 (permalink)
EF Falcon

Smile Central locking - EF

I found my problem to the problem of my central locking.
I simply did not follow the manual instructions, and that is, before fitting the snippet button, you must lock the door "with the key manually"
I found that if you lock the door with the remote and then fit the snippet button I experience the problem. When fitting the button after locking with the key, all works OK
Thanks to all who offered me assistance,
Cheers,
Ron
Old 08-14-2002, 03:57   #8 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

It's a bit annoying how Ford made those buttons...easiest way is to wind the window down, close the door then install the button (just push the bugger down all the way). The worst part is how you get them off....with multigrips and just rip them up! Ford even specifies this as the way to remove them in the factory manual!
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 04:35   #9 (permalink)

when you take the button off put a cloth over the button and then grip onto of that with the muti grips..... thats how the people at ford do them.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 18:57   #10 (permalink)
EF Falcon

Your right, it is a crude way of removing the button - but I guess at least it works.
Thanks for your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech