EF Cruise Ctrl, what do I need? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2002, 23:21   #1 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

EF Cruise Ctrl, what do I need?

Hi guys,

I'm about to go and get Cruise Control of an EF Futura, has anyone ever added cruise to such a car? if so what stuff do I need to grab of the donor car?

Stuff I can think of is the buttons, the module under the bonnet, 2nd accelerator cable.

How about wiring harness, any fiddly little clips, screws, nuts n bolts, brackets ?

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2002, 00:55   #2 (permalink)

just a suggestion, why not try and get your ford parts place to give you the parts list for the genuine kit.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:03   #3 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by I gotta ute
just a suggestion, why not try and get your ford parts place to give you the parts list for the genuine kit.
Good idea, a friend is a new car salesman at Nuford so I might just be able to pull that:s3

Kieron
Old 02-25-2002, 01:05   #4 (permalink)

With the cruise control, don't forget that it will only work above 60KMH, whilst cruising touching the clutch or brake will disconnect the cruise contol, If your car is a manual you will need the switch that mounts on to the clutch pedal.

I'm also pretty sure that there is a vacuum connection between the engine and the cruise module (there to allow the cruise contol to maintain the vehicles speed)

Basically look around the engine bay and grab whatever you can

Be careful if you're going to do it yourself, It would be no fun cruising along and find you can't switch it off!!

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 02-25-2002, 02:34   #5 (permalink)

There is also a switch on the brake booster.
This is next to the Brake pressure switch, and would be blocked off by a bolt. Used to disengage the Cruise control when the brakes are applied.

Ive got the wiring diagram for the Cruise control, and I am looking at fitting it for a friends car, so would be very interested in seeing how you go with it !

As far as I have seen with my friends car, there is already some wiring for the cruise control system, but I am not sure if all the wiring is there.
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 17:12   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xyphoid
There is also a switch on the brake booster.
This is next to the Brake pressure switch, and would be blocked off by a bolt. Used to disengage the Cruise control when the brakes are applied.

Ive got the wiring diagram for the Cruise control, and I am looking at fitting it for a friends car, so would be very interested in seeing how you go with it !

As far as I have seen with my friends car, there is already some wiring for the cruise control system, but I am not sure if all the wiring is there.
Thanks XR6 wagon and Xyphoid, I was checking out the EA CC system last night, it has a vacuum switch on the clutch and brake, a module under the dash bolted to the pedal box, the actuator under the metal panel next to the brake booster, and under the same metal panel on the pax side, a electric pump with a hose linking it to the actuator along the firewall, the manual states that all wiring is already in place.

I'm going to grab the EF Ford supplied workshop manual tonight, i'll post my findings and results as I go along for anyone who is interested.

Kieron
Old 02-25-2002, 20:27   #7 (permalink)
BA Turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by xr6wgn
With the cruise control, don't forget that it will only work above 60KMH,
mine works at 40Km/H +
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 00:01   #8 (permalink)

ooops perhaps i should read my handbook - yep it won't work under 40 Kmh.

Catch Yah later

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 02-26-2002, 04:38   #9 (permalink)

module is all electronic, (no vacuum) need master cylinder switch, all wiring,
It is a little tricky fitting cruise to non cruise EF. There are a few connectors that need to be repinned. There is a wiring kit available from Ford if I remember correctly (its been a while since I've fitted one) but the kit comes with all instructions and I really think that without any instructions you will be hard pressed to know which wire to remove from a donor car.
You will actually have to remove single wires from certain connectors.
I dont mean to put you off but you need to get hold of a set of instructions from somewhere before you start.
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 17:03   #10 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by mbrown42
module is all electronic, (no vacuum) need master cylinder switch, all wiring,
It is a little tricky fitting cruise to non cruise EF. There are a few connectors that need to be repinned. There is a wiring kit available from Ford if I remember correctly (its been a while since I've fitted one) but the kit comes with all instructions and I really think that without any instructions you will be hard pressed to know which wire to remove from a donor car.
You will actually have to remove single wires from certain connectors.
I dont mean to put you off but you need to get hold of a set of instructions from somewhere before you start.
Excellent stuff, thanks for that, I sorta knew it wouldn't be as easy as what I thought.

I'm trying to get hold of the info thru a Ford dealer, if I get it and anyone one wants it, i'll scan the stuff and post it up.

Kieron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech

Related Reading: EF Cruise Ctrl, what do I need?