EF-EL Secret Odometer Modes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2001, 14:33   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

EF-EL Secret Odometer Modes

Ok Guys, since i'll be posting stuff related to this, i'd thought i would start a thread direct to this as opposed to the AU computer one.

Goes to show Ford's are not old technology as people make it EECV rocks.

So far i mainly used mode 3 digital rpm and speedo.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2001, 15:39   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Just a thought, if manifold pressure or air flow meter is measured in one of the modes, i could theoretically measure how good an after market filter is, and ultimately compare a K&N with my O2 Rush filter.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
Old 12-04-2001, 00:30   #3 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: EF-EL Secret Odometer Modes

Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY
So far i mainly used mode 3 digital rpm and speedo.
Me too. I turned mine on before leaving work today. I know this has already ben asked, but does anyone know what all the screens/modes show? Jase_ELXR8, you mentioned "water temp, fuel indicated, fuel from sensor, RPM & speed, inst fuel per 100kms, fuel cons right now, what gear you're in" but which display shows what?

Just asking cos I reckon changing the displays while driving is baaad, mmm'kay...

Thanks dude. You da man!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

3Toed,

What is the built month and year of your car? Is yours an EL1? Cause it doesn't seem to work on EL2's.

Old 12-04-2001, 02:12   #5 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

Quote:
3Toed,

What is the built month and year of your car? Is yours an EL1? Cause it doesn't seem to work on EL2's.
Replying to the other thread here...

I'm lucky then, my car is 5th month 97, but still with eeciv...

My does flash ford too :s4
AusXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:28   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Ditto. My car (GLi Sapphire) was built in Feb 1998, has EEC-V and it works. Can't recall but I can scroll through around 13 screens of info. Buggered if I know what they all mean though!
Old 12-04-2001, 16:07   #7 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Ugh!! The beast refuses to give me this enjoyment.. have tried a number of different things, but still no go!! :crazy1:
Old 12-04-2001, 16:36   #8 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
3Toed,

Sorry dude, didn't see your post till now. I just had a look and the plate says "EL FORD FALCON SEDAN" and the build date is 02/98.

I can't tell if it's EL1 or EL2 but when I bought it the sales guy said the 98 build would cost more than a 97 build. I'm presuming it's an EL2. Can someone else confirm?

BTW, my digital display was still on Mode 3 this morning and hasn't changed back yet. Here's hoping it won't.

Andrew
Old 12-04-2001, 20:55   #9 (permalink)
BOF

Well how do you change modes then? I don't even know how to get rid of the service spanner on my folks EF1 Wagon (1995) also the airbag light is flashing all the time, I havent heard of this being a problem, anyone care to take a guess whats wrong?
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 20:56   #10 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

El2

My bros Fairmont Ghia was purchased in may 98, build is may as well, because it came out of the factory as he ordered it, and it's an El2. the Ford thing flashes up and we can get probably 13 modes. who knows what they do? I had noticed that the mode changed back to normal after driving for 5 minutes, but ever since someone said to wait until the Ford flashes up, it remains on constantly now.

It would be cool to understand what everything does. I'm sure someone will have the time to work them out.

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech