EF & EL xr8 nose - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 01:22   #1 (permalink)

EF & EL xr8 nose

Have just got my hands on a complete EL XR8 front... was wondering if anyone knows for sure if I can bolt this straight on to an EF?
Thks
KSK
kiwi skid kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2002, 04:53   #2 (permalink)
Chromed Member

I think that the bonnets are different. pretty sure that the gaurds are the same.
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:23   #3 (permalink)
Dreamer

botch is correct. guards are the same, bonnet will need to be replaced with XR item, and the bumper will be a straight bolt on. Wouldnt make sense if they had different bolts points, after all its just a falcon with other bits in it to tickfordise it

oooer im going to cop it for that comment, hehe. Its a biatch to bolt the bumper on tho. the nut to screw onto guard is in the WORST spot, and you can only make 2cm movements with ur spanner at a time.

have fun :)
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 16:49   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by South
botch is correct. guards are the same, bonnet will need to be replaced with XR item, and the bumper will be a straight bolt on.
Actually, the standard EF bonnet is the same as an XR bonnet, just without the holes for the two vents. The standard EL bonnet is not compatible with an XR series bumper/nose cone. The EF and EL XR bonnets are exactly the same.

Therefore, your EL front is compatible with an EF XR bonnet, an EL XR bonnet and a standard EF bonnet.

So if you have an EF, it will bolt straight on. You do have to put the shitty XR headlights in though.....
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 19:46   #5 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

Hi All,

Funny that this topic arises just now! I am looking at replacing my current EL Futura / Gli bonnet, bumper and grille with the equivalent from an EL Fairmont. I realise I need new lights, however has anyone done this conversion and if so, does the lever that releases the bonnet (the one just above the grille - not the release thing inside) need to be moved or anything. Just as an observation the grille being a part of the bonnet on the EL Fairmont appears to have the release thingy lower than what is currently on my Futura and other GLi's I guess. Any guidance appreciated lads n lasses !

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-04-2002, 04:27   #6 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Hi Kurt,

Im not sure how true it is but i have heard that the EF/L Has a different Radiator Support Panel to the EB/D. Ive heard this has to be changed.

I know there was some info about it on NSW Club before it went to FF.

Cheers
Kerry

Formally 'TIKFD6'
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 16:53   #7 (permalink)

thanks for your replies guys... am please to hear it will all bolt up ok... I have managed to get the bonnet and gaurds aswell (mean rear ender) so hopefully once I purchase and EF I will be in business!
kiwi skid kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech