Ford Forums banner

EF Falcon - What's above the demister button ?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TOX|C 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I had the dash/console of my EF futura in about 241 pieces yesterday when I took out my instrument cluster to spray the dial surround piece. I used that chrome spray paint, it doesn't actually look like chrome but more like aluminium which is the look I was after.
Anyway... when I was putting everything back together
and plugging all the wiring harnesses back in I had one spare! After looking for a quite a while thinking I'd missed something I concluded that it mustn't have been plugged in to start with. I figure it plugs into the switch above the demister for what ever the option is. Anyone know what's above the demister switch ?

G
#2 ·
yeah, there is an electronic button for the raising and lowering of your antenna, but only works if you have an electronic aerial (duh)

There's also another button that can be there in the wagons that turns the back windscreen wiper on and off..

Cheers,

Yagz

#3 ·
Ahh, so nothing too cool then :)

I thought it might be the old trick of the hardware being there but the button not being connected unless you pay for the option.

Thanks

#5 ·
Tell me more :)

I've been thinking about getting hold of a trip computer (from a wrecker most likely) You've gotta get a few extra wires that aren't in the loom though don't you ?

#6 ·
:)

Dude the trip computer mod is dead easy to do, if you are prepared to crack open that dash again!!!.......

Mattis Modifications webpage (Xyphoid) has all the instructions that you will need and they are very easy to follow, as long as you follow them carefully.

Here is the address (as if the people who use this forum dont already know it :)

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mij/Automotive/Default.html

I picked up my trip computer for $70 bucks - Ford sell them for $300 or something stupid like that

The only problem I ran into was that with the engine running and the headlights on, the trip computer flickered like crazy, this drove me nuts but I came up with a educated guess to fix it.

On the Connecter that connects to the trip computer, I cut the wire to pin 5 (LCD dimmer signal), Worked perfectly.. (and still dims like its supposed to as well)

Of course if you do the mod and it doesnt flicker for you, even better :)

#7 ·
Cool I'll look into it. I've been playing with the dash diagnostics mode which is pretty cool. It's _almost_ a trip computer :) It's a bit scary though when you look at the instant fuel consumption!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.