Ford Forums banner

EF Futura Warm Starting problem

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Swampy 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a 95 EF Futura which is and has been a fantastic car.

One little gripe is that it has developed a problem that when trying to start the car when the engine is still warm, it cranks & spins but just won't start. It sounds like it is close to starting in that it spins quite fast but just won't fire to catch on.

As soon as you stop cranking, turn the key off then back on and try & start it fires instantly.

It never has a problem when cold, but nearly always does it when warm.

It's certainly not a huge problem and the car has never let me down, as I know that as soon as you turn the key off, then try again it starts straight away.

At first I thought that maybe the fuel is vapourising, but then why would it start straight after turning the key off then back on again? And why would it start to do it lately as it never used to do it when the car was new?

I had though of resetting the computor (disconnect the battery for 10 minutes etc) but am reluctant to do so as I have heard that the computor takes some time to relearn and it is mainly my wife that drives this car & not me.

Maybe a faulty sensor or something?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Swampy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.