Hmmmmmm very freaky !!!!
I know the 30 minute key on trick should actually reprogram the smartlock, so you shouldn't have ANY problems with starting the beast ever again.
As for the Keypads not working ?
The thing did absolutely nothing ???? Strange ????
Ok here are some things to try.
1) Does the central locking still work (IE. locking/Unlocking all doors with the key) ???
2) Does the interior lights come on (The interior lights use the same fuse as the BEM/Smartlock module, so if they arent working, then the remote keypad section of smartlock will not work !)
3) Does the Rear window demister work (Maybe the switch is stuffed, or unplugged - very unlikely though).
Just a little background info on smartlock for ya.
Smartlock has 2 seperate sections,
1) Ignition and Starter Disable
2) Remote door and boot release section (Keypads).
Although both sections reside within the same module, they are in fact 2 completely different sections, and are not connected together in any way.
That means that if the car is starting up, and running then this section is fine, and thankfully you should no longer have any problems with it.
As for the Keyless entry, this also draws power and ground from different wires to the ignition cut out section. So in theory, there could be a problem with one of these lines.
Anyway, the main thing I would check is the Interior/Courtesy lamps fuse, as most of the car will function without it, with exception to the smartlock keyless entry, and courtesy lamps.
Hope this helps, and keep me informed !