EF XR6 motor into EB2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 04:40   #1 (permalink)

Question EF XR6 motor into EB2

Ive got the opertunity to aquire a complete EF XR6. The car is a write off but has only been rolled. I want to install the engine box and diff into my EB2 Fairmont ghia. I want to run The motor with everything staying EF. Except the intake manifold and wiring/computer. Can anyone see anyproblems with this?? I want to run my computer for a while and then get a unichip programmed on the dyno so the motor gets to its full potential. I know i have to change the coil pack to dizzy. Will the EF air con compressor clear the EB2 manifold?? Any advice would be great!

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2003, 05:25   #2 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

Well, if someone can fit an AU engine into an EA , I'm guessing that an EF should be a bit more easier.

Personally, I wouldn't have the faintest but my guess is that it all should fit in considering an AU did!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:42   #3 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

your problem will stem from the fact that the EF engine doesnt run a distibuter, rather a Coil Pack system, also the ECU is significantly diffrent. An EL XR6 engine would be a better bet.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
351 windsor for the xr

my mate has an el xr6 motor motor in an ea he had too remove the air con compressor to clear the ea manifold but otherwise no problems and hes got a unichip aswell cause hes done a fair bit of stuff to the motor
TUFESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:27   #5 (permalink)

I'm going to change the coil pack to the dizzy ... and i want to run airconditioning ... hmm i might need to run that dual runner manifold ....

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 14:32   #6 (permalink)
EFXR62

Is is a manual or auto? If it's a manual, i'll swap you the transmission/ecu and give you my auto ecu and auto tranny :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech