EFI V8 Question - Grantenelli or Vortech MASS AIR????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2003, 14:50   #1 (permalink)

EFI V8 Question - Grantenelli or Vortech MASS AIR?????

Ordered the 70mm T/body, now looking at mass air.

Vortech are offering an 8A 101022 73mm MAF with sample tube for 24 lb injectors..
Vortech do not offer electronics, you have transfer those on the stock MAF to the vortech MAF.

Grantenelli are offering an 759350 24 00 MAF calibrated to the 24 lb injectors i'm running, with their electronics.

Whats the difference?

Which is better?

(note the engine has a warm cam, ported shaved heads and flycut pistons. The intake system at the moment is stock 92.)
XF 5.0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2003, 16:55   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Some people use and recommend the vortech (C&L) and some the Granatelli (Pro-M). I run the Granatelli with 24lb injectors and it runs great. Some people have idle and surging problems with the C&L ones. I personally like the idea, that Granatelli callibrate each meter on the test bench, so you know it is accurate.

I hope you are planning to change the intake soon, because that was the bottleneck in the stock V8's. Also, your new 70mm throttle body is larger than the intake opening.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 17:33   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EDXR8
Some people use and recommend the vortech (C&L) and some the Granatelli (Pro-M). I run the Granatelli with 24lb injectors and it runs great. Some people have idle and surging problems with the C&L ones. I personally like the idea, that Granatelli callibrate each meter on the test bench, so you know it is accurate.

I hope you are planning to change the intake soon, because that was the bottleneck in the stock V8's. Also, your new 70mm throttle body is larger than the intake opening.
Never fear......the trickflow intake is next on the list (it's a wife thing). BTW, with the transfer of the electronics on the Vortech / C&L, is it just a matter of removing your stock mass air flow electronics on to the C&L, or is there more involved??
XF 5.0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 22:08   #4 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Yeah thats it, just remove the two screws on the old sensor and put it on the C&L. The sensor is held on with security screws, so you will need to get the torx bit from Dick Smiths, Tandy or some automotive stores.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech