EL CLuster - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 00:13   #1 (permalink)

EL CLuster

I have an EBII Fairmont Ghia V8, and I was wondering if anyone knows how I could put an EL Fairmont Ghia dash cluster in it ?
I know that its got a digital odo and thats controlled by the Body Control Module, so I would have to get one of them from an EL, but what else is necessary to be done / changed ?

EA Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Stero, Momo GT S/Wheel, 16" EL XR Rims, Zorst

EBII Fairmont Ghia, V8, Leather, Lowered, Rims, CAI,
Momo GT S/Wheel, Stezza, Tints, Zorst

EA Falcon S, 5Spd, LSD, EL Motor, Zorst

VXII Commodore SS, 5.7L, 6Ssp, Leather, Sunroof Zorst, Edit, CAI

VH Commodore SL/E, Stock except Stezza

KA Laser, Ghia interior, Stock shitter
EVIL EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2002, 02:24   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Evil,

I have looked into it a little, the only problems I can see are the plugs, (1 in an EB and 2 in an EL), and that they are mounted and shaped differenty . I haven't had a good chance to see both wiring looms side by side to know if there are wiring issues.

Hey, it might totally possible, eh. I was looking at a complete dash swap, but it ain't going to happen.

Chris
Chris Nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 03:05   #3 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

EL Instrument cluster in EB

If you fit the EL cluster into the EB you will not have a temperature gauge unless you fit the ECU out of the EL into your EB as well.
The temperature guage is run via a data link from the ECU in the EL whereas the EA/B/D has seperate Engine temp and Temp gauge circuits.
Several of the warning indicators are also controlled via the ECU to Inst Cluster data link as well in the EF/EL
The EB one is EECIV and the EL is EECV. Plugs will be different so you will also need part of the wiring out of the EL to marry up to the EB wiring.
If fitting a EECV check out your auto gearbox control and there may be some other engine management sensor changes necessary.
Can't think of anything else, but they would be the main issues.

Oh, and very strongy suggest you get the wiring diagrams out of the Ford published workshop manuals (EB and EL) to do this as the aftermarket one's (Gregory's, Ellery's, etc) will be useless in this case.
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech