EL Cruise Control - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2002, 01:42   #1 (permalink)
Tiger880

EL Cruise Control

I have a slight problem with my cruise control, and was wondering if anyone can help me.

I purchased a C/C kit from Ford, and installed it today. Pretty damn easy to do. After I installed it, I took her for a test drive, and everything works, well almost. The CRUISE light on the dash always flickers, nomatter if I turn C/C on, or off.

When I got home, I unpluged the wiring harness from the C/C module, and put a jumper in between pin 1 and 10 on the harness to give the CRUISE light on the dash an earth, and it comes on, and stays on. To me, this counts out the wiring harness as been the problem, and the problem must be in the C/C module.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

97EL XR6
5 Speed Manual
everything else is standard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2002, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

Clean your contacts on your buttons and also the connectors and see how that goes..

Otherwise, beats me to be honest! mine worked fine!

Maybe check www.fordmods.com .. think theres a c/control diagnostics thing
Old 12-11-2002, 21:29   #3 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

I'm guessing here, but it may not be a faulty CC module, the flickering may be a fault code or something from the module.

Its a straightfoward job and about the only thing I can think of that may cause problems is the clutch switch which doesn't come with the kit, have you got one or did you install the autos jumper plug?

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 19:23   #4 (permalink)
Tiger880

Got it all sorted out. They had an AU Cruise Module in the box instead of the EL Module.

Replaced it with the propper module, and all is working well. Thanks for your Help guys.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech