Ford Forums banner

EL/EF part!!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  XtRmn8 
#1 ·
Where can i get one of them aftermarket pipes that run from the throttle body down to the air filter?? I seen pics of cars with this setup, the pipe was chrome!

Does anyone seel these or do u have to get them custom made? And if so do they only come in chrome??

Also that would the best filter to use???

Thanks! :D

#4 ·
There is no turbo its only a duct pipe that is not restricted as the standard setup! I been told it gives around 5-6Kw with a good filter. I wanna do this because i will also be putting a new free flow exhaust on, to let the engine breathe better. This whole setup will hopefully equal to an additional 15kW at the flywheel.

#5 ·
sorry

my mistake.

Maybe try genie as i can see it written on the filter. Dont know if they have a web site. may be www.genie.com or www.genie.com.au Good luck in finding it. let us know how you go and how much $$ it is if u find it.

#8 ·
Try talking nicely to your local exhaust place. They should be able to make a good stainless piece that you can either polisk or chromeplate.
(Remember though, being metal, it will absorb a certain amount of under bonnet heat, despite flowing better then the original piece - You win some, you lose some)
;)

#9 ·
Yea i know a bloke at a local ehaust place. th exhaust will cost me $190, 2.5' with a highflow muffler at the rear. Plus extractos which are expensive!!!!!

I recon he could do this for me for no more then 50 buck in mild steel!! what is the diameter of the throttle body on these model?? 55mm??

#10 ·
I'm not 100% sure about throttle body size, though I think that you can make a quite reasonable piece from 3" stainless tubing, & mandrel bends. Remember to also get some 3" flexible hosing (silicon hose works well), & hose clamps to join it all together. On pre ED falcons, all you need is 2 90 degree bends and the flexible hose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.